Earrings with Silver-Finished Brass Links, Antiqued Silver-Finished Pewter Beads and Swarovski® Crystals
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light Siam, 3mm Xilion bicone (12 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 4mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light Siam, 4mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, silver-plated brass, 4mm smooth round (2 beads)
- Bead, TierraCast, antiqued silver-finished pewter (tin-based alloy), 19.5x7mm double-sided dragonfly wings (2 beads)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, crystal AB, foil back, 2.5-2.7mm Xilion rose, SS9 (4 flat backs)
- Link, silver-finished brass, 26x20mm filigree flower (2 links)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 1-1/2 inches, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Earwire, antiqued silver-finished copper, 19mm fishhook with 2mm ball and loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Mica powder, Gold Leaf and Metallic Powders, sparkle copper
- Mica powder, Gold Leaf and Metallic Powders, sparkle green
- Wax paste, Gilders Paste, tulip red
- Adhesive set, assorted Mod Podge glue sealer
- Adhesive, Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy, 2-part
- Artist brushes
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Using a gloved finger or a brush, apply tulip red Gilders Paste to the entire front and back of one 26x20mm filigree flower link.
Using a brush, apply a top coat of Mod Podge® sealer to the filigree flower link. Let dry completely.
Repeat to create a second tulip red flower link.
Squeeze equal amounts of each part of the Devcon® 5 Minute® 2-part Epoxy onto a paper plate. Use a toothpick to mix the parts thoroughly. Apply a small amount of epoxy to the center of one tulip red flower link and set on a flat surface.
Apply a small amount of epoxy to the back of one crystal AB 2.5-2.7mm flat back. Press the back of the flat back onto the middle of the front side of one tulip red flower link while it is lying on the flat surface. Leave the link on the flat surface for five minutes while it cures.
Repeat to add a flat back to the backside of the tulip red flower link.
Repeat Step 2 to add flat backs to the remaining tulip red flower link.
Using a gloved finger or a brush, apply sparkle copper and sparkle green mica powders to the front and back of one 19.5x7mm double-sided dragonfly wings bead.
Using a brush, apply a topcoat of Mod Podge® sealer to the dragonfly wings. Let dry completely.
Repeat to create a second embellished dragonfly wings bead.
String one 4mm smooth round onto one 1-inch eyepin then form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire creating a 4mm smooth round link.
Repeat to create a second 4mm smooth round link.
String the following onto one 1-1/2 inch headpin:
Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire then gently bend the wire to help it curve slightly creating a dragonfly drop.
Six light Siam 3mm bicones
One light Siam 4mm bicone
One 19.5x7mm double-sided dragonfly wings bead
One jet 4mm bicone
Repeat to create a second dragonfly drop.
Pass the loop on the dragonfly drop through one loop on one side of one tulip red flower link then close.
Connect the loop on the opposite end of the tulip red flower link and the loop on one fishhook earwire using one 4mm smooth round link.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.