Double-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal, Garnet Gemstone Beads and 14Kt Gold-Filled Chain
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, garnet, matte, 3mm hand-cut faceted round (6 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 10x8mm Xilion oval pendant (2 drops)
- Pendant, Almost Instant Jewelry, rubber / Swarovski crystal / antiqued gold-finished brass, crystal clear, 36.5x32mm single-sided hinged marquise with 32x17mm marquise setting (1 pendant)
- Embellishment, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, crystal AB, foil back, 32x17mm marquise fancy stone (1 embellishment)
- Jumpring, 14Kt gold-filled, 4mm round, 20.5 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 14mm leverback with loop (2 earwires)
- Clasp, lobster claw, 14Kt gold-filled, 8x3mm with 3mm ring (1 clasp)
- Necklace, garnet and gold-finished sterling silver, 3.5-4mm faceted rondelle, 18-inches with S-hook clasp
- Chain, 14Kt gold-filled, 3mm cable
- Wire, 12Kt gold-filled, half-hard, round, 24 gauge
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
This week's featured jewelry design, with its side-set Swarovski crystal marquise fancy stone pendant, instantly puts a smile on the face and turns any fashion statement into a trendier one. Pairing well with all necklines, this long pendant necklace with its mismatched asymmetrical ...
Cut one 9-inch length of gold-filled 3mm cable chain.
Cut one garnet and gold-finished sterling silver necklace in half. There should be the same amount of garnet beads on each length.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the first link on the length of cable chain, and close. Repeat to attach a second jumpring creating double jumprings. Using one 4mm jumpring connect the previous two jumprings to the lobster claw clasp.
Using 4mm jumprings connect the first link on each half of the garnet necklace to the last link on the length of cable chain. Attach one 4mm jumpring to the last link on each half of the garnet necklace.
Pass one end of the S-hook clasp (from the garnet necklace) through the 4mm jumprings on the last link of each half of the garnet necklace then press closed. Press the opposite side of the S-hook clasp closed.
||Insert the Swarovski crystal AB 32x17mm marquise into the bezel on the hinged marquise pendant and close. String the pendant over the lobster clasp and secure to the S-hook clasp.
Cut six 2-inch lengths of gold-filled 24-gauge wire.
String one garnet 3mm round on a length of wire then bend each end at a 90-degree angle to secure the bead. Form a wrapped loop on each end of the wire to create a link.
String one garnet 3mm round on a length of wire then bend each end at a 90-degree angle to secure the bead. Begin forming a wrapped loop on one end of the wire. Pass the loop through the loop on one end of the previous link then finish the wrapped loop. Form a wrapped loop on the opposite end of the wire.
Repeat to connect a third link to the previous link creating a chain.
Using a 4mm jumpring connect one Swarovski crystal AB 10x8mm oval drop to the loop on one end of the chain. Repeat to attach one leverback earwire to the loop on the opposite end of the chain.
Repeat Steps 2 - 4 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.