Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Imitation Rhodium-Plated "Pewter" Charm, White Lotus™ Cultured Freshwater Pearls and Delica® Seed Beads
Cute as a Button
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jude Wroblewski, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Seed bead, Delica, glass, transparent red luster fuchsia, #11 round
- Pearl, White Lotus cultured freshwater, white, 7.5-8mm button (26 pearls)
- Charm, imitation rhodium-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 24x23mm single-sided heart with cutout scroll design (1 charm)
- Crimp, silver-plated brass, 2.5mm round, 1.5mm inside diameter (2 crimps)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, silver-plated brass, 4x4mm tube, 0.5mm inside diameter (2 wire protectors)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 4.5mm round, 3.1mm inside diameter, 22 gauge (3 jumprings)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 2 inches with 1.5mm ball, 23 gauge (2 headpins)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 19mm fishhook flower with cutout star and lines design with hidden open loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Clasp, toggle, silver-plated brass, 10mm round with woven texture and loops (1 clasp)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
This cute-as-a-button jewelry set is ready for Valentine's Day and any other day you want to make special. Inspired by the popular Brighton® jewelry designs, this set features a delightful "pewter" single-sided heart with an intricate cutout scroll design. Its shimmering imitation rhodium plating catches the light and eye in this ...
Using flush-cutters cut one 24-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire.
Attach one 4.5mm jumpring to the imitation rhodium-plated "pewter" charm to create a drop.
String onto the beading wire: one crimp and one Accu-Guard™ wire protector. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp then trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire.
String approximately 4 inches of Delica® seed beads and one White Lotus™ pearl onto the beading wire.
Continue to string ten seed beads and one pearl. Repeat this sequence, decreasing by one seed bead, for a total of ten sets.
String the drop (Step 1) onto the beading wire then repeat Step 4 in the opposite direction to string the second half of the necklace.
Repeat Step 3 to secure the strand.
Use a 4.5mm jumpring to attach one portion of the toggle clasp to the Accu-Guard on each end of the strand.
String the following onto a 2-inch headpin:
Form a simple loop creating a pearl drop.
One seed bead
Nine seed beads
Use the simple loop to attach the pearl drop to the loop on one earwire.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.