Topics: Mother's Bracelet, Sterling Silver Alphabet Cubes
I am looking for instruction/ideas on a mother's bracelet using sterling silver alphabet cubes. I want to spell the baby's name and string beads between. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You can use alphabet beads to spell out the child's name, stringing them as you would any beads in a strung bracelet. View the instruction links below. Mother's bracelets often use other beads in the design that represent the color of the month the child was born. These colors can be found in the "Suggested Birthstones" chart.
You can assemble and finish the bracelet using different methods. One option is to string the beads onto Powercord® or elastic cording, then finish it with a surgeon's or square knot to make a stretchy bracelet.
Another idea would be to string the beads onto Accu-Flex® beading wire then finish the bracelet with a clasp secured with crimp beads.
There are other projects and techniques you can use to create the bracelets. Look through the Beading Instructions section for the technique that is right for you:
- Alphabet beads
- Birthstone beads and components
- Elastic cording
- Powercord elastic cord
- Accu-Flex® Professional Quality Beading Wire
- Free Beading Instructions
View alphabet bead design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs
- Bracelet with Sterling Silver Alphabet Beads and Swarovski Crystal Beads
- Bracelet with Pewter Alphabet Beads and Silver-Plated Jumprings
- Bracelet with Pewter Alphabet Beads and Celestial Crystal® Beads
- Triple-Strand Bracelet with Sterling Silver Alphabet Beads
- Triple-Strand Bracelet with Sterling Silver Alphabet Beads and Swarovski Crystal Beads
- ''Bracelets with Glass Beads and Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads'' project
- ''Knots Tutorial'' how-to video and illustrated instructions