Topics: Chainmaille, Jumprings, Glue
I have discovered the joys (and tribulations) of working with jumprings in making chainmaille jewelry. Besides soldering the rings closed, is there a special glue that can be used? I love working with jumprings of all sizes and would like to know that the jewelry I make will stay together. Thank you!!
Loctite® 454 Gel is the ideal glue to close a jumpring because it is made to adhere to smooth surfaces, dries clear and quick, and is in a gel form that fills gaps. The fine tip applicator is a plus also as it helps to get the glue right where you need it. For more information on glue, go to the ''Glue Types and Information'' chart.
- ''Glue Types and Information'' chart
- ''All About Jumprings'' illustrated instructions
- ''Opening a Jumpring'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Using A Jumpring Tool'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Jumpring Jewelry'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Multi-Strand Bracelet with Aluminum Jumprings'' illustrated project
- ''Single-Strand Necklace with Oh! Ring™ Rubber Rings and Chainmaille'' illustrated project