Topics: Earrings, Beads, Design
I want to make a pair of earrings with a large bead at the bottom and tiny beads all bunched on top. Thanks
Using a chain to create a drop assembly is a good way to add beads in a specific order as well as make a visually appealing earring. The chain can be as long or short as you desire, and can be exposed or not exposed. You can then fill the links as full as they will allow.
Here are two projects that explain the process--expand on them using your own creativity and to suit your design ideas.
- ''Making a Simple Loop'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Making a Wrapped Loop and Double-Wrapped Loop'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
Design Inspiration from the Gallery of Designs:
- ''Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Blue Sky Jasper Gemstone Beads and Copper Beads''
- ''Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Green Onyx Gemstone Beads''
- ''Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal Beads, Cultured Freshwater Pearls and Sterling Silver Bead Caps and Chain''
- ''Triple-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Drops and Sterling Silver Chain''