Topics: Clasp, Magnetic, Triple Strand
How do I attach 3 strands of 28 ga. wire to an extra strong magnetic clasp of yours?
You can use cone ends to create a neat, clean professionally finished look to your triple-strand necklace or bracelet:
- Tightly wrap all three wires securely around the loop of an eyepin
- Pull the eyepin through the wide opening of the cone so your wire ends are hidden
- Using round-nose pliers, grasp the eyepin about 1/4 inch above the narrow opening of the cone. Bend the eyepin to a 90 degree angle.
- Rotate the pliers vertically, and bend the eyepin around the pliers so the end of the wire is facing straight down, forming a partial loop
- Rotate the pliers horizontally and bend the eyepin around the pliers facing away from you and forming a complete loop
- While supporting the loop with round-nose pliers grasp the end of the eyepin with flat-nose pliers. Wrap the end around the wire from the loop down to the top of the cone. This will support the cone and keep it in place. Make sure that all of your wraps are tight and close together.
- Finish by adding your magnetic clasp to the end loops of the cone using a small sturdy jumpring
- ''Using Bead Cones'' how-to video and illustrated instructions