Single-Strand Necklace with Seed Beads and Nautilus Shell Focal Component
Make this necklace that combines the beautiful dimensions of a shell nautilus pendant set off perfectly by a seed bead rope woven in watery colors of teal, blue and rainbow iris and clasped with a freeform piece of New Zealand abalone.
-- Designer --
Photo Courtesy of Bead and Button Magazine
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads 2005 Beading Contest
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, white, size B
- New Zealand abalone small freeform beads
- Focal, nautilus shell, 50x38x11 - 63x48x16mm slice
- Seed bead, Delica, glass, transparent matte teal green, #11 round
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, transparent rainbow multi-iris, #8 round
- Seed bead, Delica, glass, opaque rainbow black, #11 round
- Seed bead, Delica, glass, transparent silver grey, #11 round
- Scrap, leather, 9-1/4 x 3-1/2 inch square
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.