Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal Drops and Gold-Filled Chain
Midnight and Roses
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 10mm round
- Bead, Swarovski crystal components, round, jet, 12mm
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 11x5.5mm teardrop
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 15x7.5mm teardrop
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 13x6.5mm teardrop
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, jet, 28x14mm teardrop
- Clasp, toggle, gold-filled, 14x11mm rope style round
- Jumpring, 14Kt gold-filled, 4x3mm oval, 22 gauge
- Jumpring, 14Kt gold-filled, 6x4mm oval, 22 gauge
- Jumpring, gold-filled, 7mm round, 20.5 gauge
- Earwire, 14Kt gold-filled, 17mm angular shape with 3mm coil and open loop, 20 gauge
- Chain, gold-filled, 5x4mm textured flat cable
- Wire, 12Kt gold-filled, half-hard, round, 21 gauge
- Pliers, side-cutters
Using the side-cutters, cut the following lengths of gold-filled cable chain: two 1-1/2 inch lengths, two 4-1/4 inch lengths and two 2-3/4 inch lengths.
Using the side-cutters, cut a 3-1/2 inch length of 21-gauge wire. Thread on the jet 28x14mm teardrop crystal then make a briolette wrapped loop to secure the crystal.
Using the side-cutters, cut a 3-inch length of 21-gauge wire. Create a wrapped loop on one end.
Thread onto the wire, a jet 12mm faceted round crystal and finish the second end with a wrapped loop to secure the crystal in place. Repeat to create four wrapped-loop bead links.
Using two pairs of chain-nose pliers, open a 4x3mm oval jumpring. Pass the open jumpring through the last link in one 2-3/4 inch length of cable chain and through the loop on one half of the clasp. Close the jumpring.
Open a 4x3mm jumpring and pass it through the last link on the other end of the 2-3/4 inch length of chain and through a loop on one wrapped-loop bead link. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Step 5 to connect the following together: 4x3mm oval jumpring, 4-1/4 inch length of chain, 4x3mm jumpring, wrapped-loop bead link, 4x3mm jumpring, 1-1/2 inch length of cable chain, 6x4mm oval jumpring to the top loop of the briolette wrapped bead link.
Repeat Steps 4 - 6 to create the second half of the necklace.
Open a 7mm round jumpring and pass it through one Siam 13x6.5mm teardrop crystal and the 5th loop (from the top) of the 1-1/2 inch length of chain. Close the jumpring.
Repeat on the other side of the necklace.
Repeat Step 7 attaching a 15x7.5mm teardrop to the lower loop of the wrapped-loop bead link above the 1-1/2 inch length of chain, on each half of the necklace.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.