Earrings with Tiger Iron and Red Agate Gemstone Focals and 14kt Gold-Filled Chain
-- Designer --
Leah, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Focal component, tiger iron, 48x25mm open oval (2 focals)
- Focal, red agate, 25x18mm open teardrop (2 focals)
- Jumpring, 14Kt gold-filled, 6mm round, 20.5 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Jumpring, gold-filled, 3.5mm round, 22 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Jumpring, gold-filled, 9mm round, 20.5 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Earwire, 14Kt gold-filled, 15mm fishhook with ball and open loop, 24 gauge (1 pair)
- Chain, 14Kt gold-filled, 1.25mm round cable
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut eight lengths of gold-filled 1.25mm cable chain:
Two 3-inch lengths
Four 3-1/4 inch lengths
Two 3-1/2 inch lengths
Using one pair of chain-nose pliers and one pair of flat-nose pliers, open a 9mm jumpring. Pass it through the center of the 48x25mm open oval tiger iron component. Close the jumpring. Repeat to attach a second 9mm jumpring to the 48x25mm open oval tiger iron component.
Open a 3.5mm jumpring. Pass it through the loop on a fishhook earwire and both 9mm jumprings from Step 2. Close the jumpring.
Open a 6mm jumpring. Pass it through the first link on one 3-inch length of chain, the first link on two 3-1/4 inch lengths of chain, the first link on one 3-1/2 inch length of chain, the center of a 25x18mm teardrop red agate focal piece, and both 9mm jumprings from Step 2. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Steps 2 through 4 to create the second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.