Single-Strand Necklace with ICE Resin® and Vintage Paper Pendant and Swarovski Crystal Beads and Pearls
-- Designer --
Kristal Wick, Jewelry Designer and Instructor and Swarovski crystal Ambassador
To learn more about Kristal Wick, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal red magma, 3mm Xilion bicone (62 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, powder rose, 4mm round (64 pearls)
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, transparent inside color, pink, #11 (5 seed beads)
- Crimp bead, sterling silver, 2x2mm cut tube with 1.3mm inside diameter, lightweight style (2 crimp beads)
- Button converter, silver-plated brass, 20mm domed round with 2 loops (1 converter)
- Pin back, silver-plated, 1-1/4 inches with locking bar (1 pin back)
- Clasp, TierraCast, toggle, antiqued silver-plated pewter, 14.5x14.5mm double-sided heart with fancy bar (1 clasp)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, metallic gunmetal, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Jeweler's grade resin, ICE Resin 2-part formula, crystal clear
- Adhesive, Epoxy, Devcon Jeweler's 2-ton, 30-minute, 2-part
- Pliers, Beader's Delight Pliers by EURO TOOL
- Pliers, crimping
Vintage postcard image
Acrylic sealer spray, clear
- Organza ribbon, rose, 1/4-inch, 6mm
Take original vintage Valentine's Day postcards and turn them into a sweet pendant/brooch for yourself and your pals as a Valentine's Day gift. You can also attach one of your post card pins to a big bow on a box of chocolates or hang postcard pins onto a Valentine tree with ribbons.
Scan vintage post cards or get images online from vintage post card websites.
Resize and save them to 1-1/2 to 2 inches.
Import images onto one sheet and print out onto white glossy picture paper. Let ink thoroughly dry.
Spray entire sheet with clear acrylic sealer (matte or shiny finish). Let dry.
Mix ICE resin according to manufacturer's directions.
Using a sponge or disposable paintbrush, sponge or brush on a thin coat of resin onto the back of the sheet.
Place wet side down on top of a plastic bag. Then, sponge or brush a thin coat of resin onto the front of the postcard sheet. Let dry 12-24 hours.
Cut out each postcard.
Optional: Mix up a new batch of resin. Touch up any imperfections in the resin on the cards or, add another layer of resin to dome the images. Let dry.
Using two-part epoxy, glue on a pin back or button back to the back of your postcard and let dry.
Cut Accu-Flex beading wire to the length of your choice. String on a crimp bead and one half of the heart toggle. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp, then crimp to secure. String on 32 pearls and 31 crystals alternating crystals and pearls, one hole of the button converter on the back of a post card and a few seed beads to cover the wire as it crosses to the next hole of the button converter. Pass the wire through the 2nd hole on the button converter then repeat the stringing of pearls and crystals, a crimp and the other half of the toggle clasp. Crimp the crimp bead. Trim any excess wire from each end.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.