Bracelet with Dyna-Mites™ Seed Beads, Enamel and Pewter Charms and Chainmaille
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, silver-lined ruby red, #11 round with square hole
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, silver-lined emerald green, #11 round with square hole
- Charm, enamel and pewter (tin-based alloy), multicolored, 28x17mm-31x15mm Christmas theme (1 charms)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2x2mm cut tube, 1.1mm inside diameter (56 crimps)
- Jumpring, anodized tempered aluminum, red, 6mm round, 4.2mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Jumpring, anodized tempered aluminum, red, 8mm round, 5.6mm inside diameter, 17 gauge (28 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 10mm twisted round, 8mm inside diameter, 16 gauge (16 jumprings)
- Component, Oh! Ring, silicone, light green, 12mm round with 8mm hole (30 components)
- Clasp, fold-over, silver-plated copper, 13x3mm (1 clasp)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, pearl, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Jumpring tool, opener and closer
- Pliers, Universal Magical Crimper
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
||Pass one red 8mm jumpring through two light green 12mm Oh! Ring™ components. Place the open jumpring on a flat surface with one Oh! Ring on either end.
Place one 10mm twisted jumpring over the open red jumpring, overlapping the Oh! Rings on either side. Pass an Oh! Ring through the open red jumpring over each of the previous Oh! Rings, sandwiching the twisted jumpring. Close the red jumpring. Attach a second jumpring creating double red jumprings.
||Flip the top Oh! Ring, from one set, open (like a book) and pass one red jumpring through one (new) Oh! Ring and the bottom Oh! Ring from the previous set (Step 1).
Place one 10mm twisted jumpring over the open red jumpring. Flip the top Oh! Ring back over and through the red jumpring. Pass one (new) Oh! Ring through the open red jumpring, over the single Oh! Ring on the opposite side. Close the red jumpring then attach a second jumpring creating double red jumprings.
Continue this Helm chainmaille pattern for approximately 7 inches.
Flip the last set of Oh! Rings on one end open then insert on 10mm twisted jumpring and replace the Oh! Ring. Pass one red jumpring through the set of Oh! Rings. Repeat on the opposite end of the bracelet.
Cut 28 2-inch lengths of Accu-Flex professional-quality beading wire.
String onto one end of one length of beading wire: one crimp and one twisted jumpring on one end of the bracelet. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp then pull snug against the jumpring leaving approximately 1/8 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp then trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire.
||String approximately one inch of emerald green #11 seed beads onto the beading wire then attach the opposite end to the third 10mm twisted jumpring on the chain.
Repeat Step 5 to attach a length of beading wire to the second 10mm twisted jumpring, string one inch of ruby red #11 seed beads then attach the opposite end to the fourth 10mm twisted jumpring on the chain.
Continue to alternate attaching swag to the 10mm twisted jumprings along the entire side of the bracelet. Flip the bracelet around then attach swag, beginning with ruby red seed beads, to the opposite side.
Attach the loop on the fold-over clasp to the 10mm twisted jumpring on one end of the bracelet. Pass one red 6mm jumpring through the loop on one flower charm and the 10mm twisted jumpring on the same end then close. Repeat to attach a second jumpring creating double jumprings.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.