Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Copper Drop and Embellishments
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Drop, copper, 27x19mm filigree cross (1 drop)
- Embellishment, copper, 30x30mm undrilled double-sided shiny flat heart blank, 18 gauge (2 embellishments)
- Jumpring, shiny copper, 7x6mm oval, 4.6x3.6mm inside diameter, 16 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Jumpring, shiny copper, 8mm round, 5.4mm inside diameter, 16 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earwire, copper-plated copper, 23mm fishhook with coil and 2-3mm ball with open loop, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, antique copper-plated brass, 4x3.5mm curb, 18 inches
- Wax paste polish, Renaissance, micro-crystalline, clear
- Sandpaper, silicon carbide, 600 / 1200 / 2000 grit, 11x9-inch rectangle
- Stamp, tempered chrome vanadium steel, 3-4mm italic uppercase alphabet letters A-Z and ''and'' symbol, 2-3/4 x 3/8 inch square tube
- Sharpening and polishing system, Jooltool™, aluminum / plastic / steel, 100-240v / 50-60 HZ, 12 x 5-1/2 x 7 inches
- Abrasive disc, 3M Scotch-Bright EXL Unitized, plastic, brown, fine to coarse grit, 3-inch replacement abrasive disc for Jooltool
- Disc cutter, for cutting hearts
- Ring clamp
- Ball peen hammer
- Pliers, EUROTOOL, hole punch, steel, 5-1/2 inches with 1.5mm round punch
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Place a copper 30x30mm heart blank between the plates on a disc cutter. Position the heart so the appropriate cutting hole is in the area you wish to cut out. Place the corresponding die in the hole. Use a ballpeen hammer to hit the die once.
Note: If creating coordinating earrings you will need to punch a duplicate heart piece from a separate piece of copper metal sheet.
Use the Jooltool™ or sanding sticks to polish the front, back and sides of the heart pendant and any smaller punched hearts that will be used for earrings.
Using a steel stamp set and a ball peen hammer, customize the pendant with a personalized message. View the ''Personalize Jewelry Using Steel Letter and Number Punches'' video for more information.
Using the EUROTOOL hole punch pliers, make a hole just above the heart cutout of the pendant.
Pass one open copper 8mm jumpring through the punched hole of the pendant. Close the jumpring.
Pass one open 8mm jumpring through the loop of a copper filigree cross drop. Close the jumpring.
Pass the end of a copper-plated brass chain through the two added jumprings.
Using hole punch pliers, make a hole in the upper left corner of a small copper heart piece created in Step 1 in the necklace section. Repeat to create a second copper heart drop.
Pass one open 4.6x3.6mm oval jumpring through the punched hole of a heart drop and one closed oval jumpring. Close the jumpring.
Open the loop on a copper-plated copper earwire and pass through the last jumpring added in Step 2 in the earrings section.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.