Bracelet with Kumihimo Satinique™ Cord, Synthetic Rubber Cord and TierraCast® Cord Ends
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Jump ring, silver-plated brass, 7mm round, 5.1mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (4 jump rings)
- Cord end, TierraCast, ''Maker's'' collection, glue-in, tin oxide-plated brass, 15.5x12.5mm pagoda, 10mm inside diameter (2 cord ends)
- Cord, Satinique, satin, black, 1.5mm small
- Cord, Satinique, satin, white, 1.5mm small
- Cord, Satinique, satin, dark grey, 1.5mm small
- Cord, synthetic rubber, pewter, 2mm round
- Clasp, lobster claw, silver-plated brass, 14x8mm with swivel (1 clasp)
- Thread, Silkon, bonded nylon, heavyweight #3, black
- Adhesive, E6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive, clear
- Huggy Spool, soft plastic
- Kumihimo disk, EVA foam
- Wire knitter and kumihimo weight, Artistic Wire, steel, 100 grams
Cut two 30-inch sections of each of the following:
Black Satinique™ 1.5mm cord
White Satinique 1.5mm cord
Dark grey Satinique 1.5mm cord
Pewter rubber 2mm cord
Gather the cords together and tie an overhand knot approximately 2 inches from the end.
Insert the knotted end of the cords into the center of a round kumihimo disk. Place the cords as shown.
Wind the individual cords onto Huggy Spool® bobbins to help avoid tangling
Use kumihimo weights to help maintain consistent tension
Weave the cords in a basic eight cord spiral pattern until the cord is the desired length.
Note: For more information view our ''How to Make a Spiral Kumihimo Braid'' how-to video and illustrated instructions.
Remove the ends of the cords from the kumihimo disk and tie an overhand knot. Wrap a 2-inch length of Silkon® thread tightly around the end of the braid then tie a whipping knot to secure. Trim the ends of the braided cord and the excess thread.
Apply adhesive to the end of the braid and insert into a pagoda cord end. Repeat with the opposite end of the braid and a second cord end.
Add a 7mm jump ring to the loop of one cord end.
Pass a jump ring through the previously added jump ring and a closed 7mm jump ring then close.
Use a jump ring to add a lobster claw clasp to the opposite end of the bracelet.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.