Earrings with Lava Rock Gemstone Beads
-- Designer --
Chris D., Photography Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Bead, lava rock, 6mm round with 0.5-1.5mm hole (2 beads)
- Bead, gold-finished lava rock, 6-7mm round (4 beads)
- Bead, silver-finished lava rock, 6-7mm round (4 beads)
- Connector, gold-plated brass, 12x5mm half-round, 2/1 loop (2 connectors)
- Head pin, gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (4 head pins)
- Eye pin, gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (6 eye pins)
- Ear wire, gold-plated brass, 16mm leverback with 7x2mm shield and open loop (2 ear wires)
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
String a black 6mm lava rock round onto an eye pin then create a simple loop.
Repeat to create a second black link, two gold-finished lava rock links and two silver-finished lava rock links.
String a gold-finished lava rock round onto a head pin then create a simple loop.
Repeat to create a second silver drop and two gold-finished lava rock drops.
Attach the loop of an ear wire and a loop of a black lava rock link.
Attach the single loop of a half-round connector to the second loop of the link.
Connect the left loop of the connector, a gold lava rock link and a silver lava rock drop.
Repeat to connect the right loop of the connector, a silver link and a gold drop.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.