Bracelet with Copper Beads and Swarovski® Crystals
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jude Wroblewski, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, clear-coated copper, 9x4mm twisted corrugated oval with 0.9mm hole (20 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystals, iridescent purple, 6mm round (12 pearls)
- End bar, antique copper-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 32x13mm with 13x6mm 3-strand rectangle and 3-inch extender chain with lobster claw clasp (1 end bar)
- Crimp, silver-plated brass, 2x1.5mm round, 1.3mm inside diameter (4 crimps)
- Crimp cover, copper-plated copper, 4mm (4 crimp covers)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, copper, 4.5x4mm tube, 0.5mm inside diameter (4 wire protectors)
- Jump ring, antique copper-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.6mm inside diameter, 22 gauge (6 jump rings)
- Jump ring, copper / zinc / nickel, nickel silver, 6mm hand-cut round square wire, 4.2mm inside diameter, 19 gauge (96 jump rings)
- Jump ring, copper, 8mm hand-cut round square wire, 5.7mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (17 jump rings)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 21 strand, 0.024-inch diameter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Bead Stoppers
Pass an 8mm copper jump ring through four closed 6mm nickel silver jump rings, then close. Repeat to add a second 8mm jump ring.
Pass an 8mm jump ring through two of the previously added 6mm jump rings and two new closed 6mm jump rings, then close.
Repeat to create a 2-2 chain with a total of 15 sets of 8mm jump rings, ending with a set of 6mm jump rings.
Add one 8mm jump ring to the set of 6mm jump rings on each end of the chain.
Add a 4mm jump ring to the 8mm jump rings on each end of the chain.
Add two 6mm jump rings to one side of each set of 8mm jump rings in the chain. Repeat to add two 6mm jump rings to the opposite sides of the sets of 8mm jump rings.
Cut two 10-inch lengths of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire.
String a crimp and an Accu-Guard™ wire protector onto the beading wire. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp, trim the excess wire and add a crimp cover.
String one iridescent purple 6mm round onto the beading wire then pass through the first set of two 6mm jump rings added to the side of the chain.
String one 9x4mm copper oval then pass through the next set of 6mm jump rings on the side of the chain.
Repeat Steps 6 and 7 four more times then string one 6mm round.
Repeat Step 5 to secure the end of the strand.
Repeat Steps 5 - 9 with the second length of beading wire and second side of chain.
Use a 4mm jump ring to attach both beaded strands and the chain to one half of an end bar with lobster claw clasp.
Repeat to complete the opposite end of the bracelet.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.