Double-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Czech Glass Druk Beads
The Power of Pink
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech glass druk, opaque white, 4mm round (54 beads)
- Bead, Czech glass druk, opaque white, 6mm round (21 beads)
- Bead, Czech dipped décor glass druk, opaque fuchsia, 4mm round (68 beads)
- Bead, Czech dipped décor glass druk, fuchsia, 6mm round (23 beads)
- Bead cap, silver-plated brass, 3x1mm ribbed round, fits 2-4mm bead (332 bead caps)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2mm cut tube, 1.4mm inside diameter (4 crimps)
- Crimp cover, silver-plated brass, 4mm round (4 crimp covers)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, silver-plated brass, 4mm tube, 0.5mm inside diameter (4 wire protectors)
- Jump ring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (6 jump rings)
- Head pin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (8 head pins)
- Eye pin, silver-plated brass, 1-1/2 inches, 21 gauge (2 eye pins)
- Clasp, 2-strand slide lock, silver-plated brass, 16x6mm tube (1 clasp)
- Ear wire, silver-plated stainless steel, 20mm fishhook with 3mm ball and 4mm coil with open loop, 21 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, pearl, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, crimping
The color pink is synonymous with breast cancer awareness, particularly in October. This design is a subtle statement of support with its fuchsia pink and white Czech glass druk beads. Druk is the Czech name for beads made of smooth round glass, and the "dipped décor" druk beads are hand-dipped in fuchsia pink for a soft, elegant look. The bold stringing pattern is well-balanced and commands attention.
The Czech glass beads are beautifully highlighted with ribbed bead caps that add dimension and visual interest. The slide-lock clasp is a great choice for a professional-looking finish and helps to keep the two strands spaced properly.
This jewelry design can be dressed up or down for endless style options. Wear the necklace and earrings together or separately for different looks. Pair with pink or white for a tone-on-tone statement or enjoy how it pops against black.
October is the perfect month to help support breast cancer awareness. Re-create this powerful pink jewelry statement to gift and sell in order to bring hope and help people affected by this disease.
Cut a 19-inch length and 21-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional quality beading wire.
String a crimp and an Accu-Guard™ wire protector onto the 19-inch length of beading wire. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp then add a crimp cover.
String onto the beading wire a bead cap, a 4mm white bead and a bead cap. Repeat this pattern to add a total of twenty-five 4mm white beads.
Continue this pattern with seven 6mm white beads, seven 6mm fuchsia beads, seven 6mm white beads and twenty-five 4mm white beads.
Repeat Step 2 to secure the strand.
String a crimp and an Accu-Guard™ wire protector onto the 21-inch length of beading wire. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp then add a crimp cover.
String onto the beading wire a bead cap, a 4mm fuchsia bead and a bead cap. Repeat this pattern to add a total of thirty 4mm fuchsia beads.
Continue this pattern with seven 6mm fuchsia beads, seven 6mm white beads, seven 6mm fuchsia beads and thirty 4mm fuchsia beads.
Repeat Step 4 to secure the strand.
Use jump rings to attach each strand to the slide lock clasp.
String a bead cap, a 4mm white fuchsia bead and a bead cap onto an eye pin. Repeat with a 6mm fuchsia bead and another 4mm white bead. Form a simple loop.
String a bead cap, a 4mm fuchsia bead and a bead cap onto a head pin. Form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of four fuchsia head pins.
Attach the fuchsia head pins to the eye pin. Attach the eye pin to an ear wire.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.