Earrings with Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads and Sea "Opal" Glass Beads
Happy Birthday America
-- Designer --
Patti, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Patti Miller, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech fire-polished dipped décor glass, sapphire blue, 8mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, light red, 8mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, sea ''opal'' glass, 8mm faceted round (2 beads)
- Crimp end, JBB Findings, antique silver-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 5x3mm tube with loop (12 crimp ends)
- Jump ring, stainless steel, 12mm round diamond wire, 16 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Ear wire, antique silver-plated copper, 21mm fishhook with 4x2mm coil and 3mm ball and open loop, 20 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Cord, leather, white, 0.5-0.8mm round
- Cord, leather, red, 1-1.2mm round
- Cord, leather, dark blue, 1-1.2mm round
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
A red, white and blue combination is always in style, and nothing says "Happy Birthday America" better than a pair of fashionable earrings. Wear these to backyard BBQs and family gatherings for a great summer style. This design works well with red, white and blue tees and your favorite jean shorts or skirt.
These hoop earrings are simple to make and add fresh patriotic style to your summer jewelry lines. Created using leather cord and crimp ends, this triple-hoop design is a breeze to make. Add the Czech fire-polished beads and sea "opal" glass beads too for extra color and sparkle.
Be ready when your customers seek out patriotic jewelry by adding these earrings to your jewelry offerings for the Fourth of July. These sparklers are sure to add fireworks to your jewelry sales!
Cut the following lengths:
Two 2-1/2 inch lengths of white 0.5mm cord
Two 3-1/2 inch lengths of dark blue 1mm cord
Two 4-1/2 inch lengths of red 1mm cord
Insert an end of the white cord into a crimp end then crimp.
String one red bead then insert the opposite end of the white cord into a crimp end then crimp.
Repeat Step 2 using one dark blue cord and one translucent bead.
Repeat using one red cord and one sapphire blue bead.
String one end of each cord onto the same 12mm jump ring in descending order of lengths. Repeat using the same jump ring and the opposite ends of the lengths of cords in the opposite order of lengths.
String the ear wire to complete the earring.
Repeat Steps 2 - 5 to complete the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.