Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Drops and Sterling Silver Beads and Focals
Inspired By the Sea
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Focal, sterling silver, 36x19mm open ring with curved wire, 1 loop (2 focals)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal copper, 8mm rondelle (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 8mm rondelle (2 beads)
- Bead, sterling silver, 19x7mm starfish (2 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, aquamarine, 16mm starfish (2 drops)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, peridot, 16mm starfish (2 drops)
- Drop, antiqued sterling silver, 28x19.5mm coral branch (2 drops)
- Earwire, sterling silver, 17mm angular fishhook with 3mm ball, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 6.5mm round, 20.5 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Headpin, sterling silver, 1-inch, 22 gauge (8 headpins)
- Chain, sterling silver, 5mm textured rounds with 3mm links
- Pliers, side-cutting
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
String one 8mm crystal AB rondelle crystal onto a 1-inch headpin. Using a pair of round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers and side-cutting pliers, form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire, creating a crystal AB rondelle crystal bead drop. Repeat to create two crystal AB rondelle crystal bead drops.
Repeat to create the following using a 1-inch headpin for each:
Two crystal copper rondelle bead drops, using one 8mm crystal copper rondelle
Two sterling silver starfish bead drops, using one sterling silver starfish
Two antiqued sterling silver coral branch bead drops, using one antiqued sterling silver coral branch
Using side-cutting pliers, cut the following lengths of chain: two 5-link (5/8 inch) lengths of 5mm textured rounds with 3mm links sterling silver chain (start with one 5mm round link and end with one 5mm round link)
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, open the loop on an earwire. Pass it through the loop on the top of a sterling silver focal with curved wire and ring. Close the loop.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open a 6.5mm jumpring. Pass the open ring through the ring on the sterling silver drop with curved wire and ring and the first link of a 5-link (5/8 inch) length of 5mm textured rounds with 3mm links sterling silver chain. Close the jumpring.
Open a 6.5mm jumpring. Pass the open ring through the ring on the sterling silver drop and a peridot starfish crystal. Close the jumpring. Repeat to add an aquamarine starfish crystal to the ring on sterling silver drop.
Open the loop on the sterling silver starfish bead drop and pass it through the jumpring that attaches the curved wire to the ring on the sterling silver drop. Close the loop.
Attach the following bead drops to the chain:
Crystal copper rondelle bead drops to the first 5mm link
Crystal AB rondelle bead drops to the second 5mm link
Antiqued sterling silver coral branch bead drops to the last 5mm link
Repeat Steps 3 - 7 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.