Bat Earrings with Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Design by Jamie Smedley, Marketing Content Development, Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, jet, 25x16.5mm zinnia pendant (2 drops)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal, light Siam, silver-foil back, 3.2mm round (4flat backs)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 5mm round, 22 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 7mm round, 18 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Earwire, silver-plated copper, twisted fishhook with 1 loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Adhesive, epoxy, Devcon jeweler's 5-minute, 2-part
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
Mix 2 part epoxy glue as instructed on package.
Using a toothpick, place 2 small dots of mixed glue near center of pendant (see picture for correct way to lay pendants.)
Apply a small amount of beeswax to the end of a clean toothpick. Pick up one 2028 flat back stone using the tip of the beeswax toothpick and place on one of the glue dots. Repeat with second 2028 flat back stone.
Allow glue to dry for recommended time on glue package. Clean any glue residue with a Q-tip dipped in acetone.
Open both of the 7mm jumprings using flat-nose pliers.
Attach one 7mm jumpring to the hole in the top of the pendant and then to the closed 5mm jumpring. Close the 7mm jumpring to secure.
Open the 5mm jumpring and attach to the earwire.
Repeat Steps 7 and 8 for second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.