Single-Strand Necklace with Seed Beads, Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads and Dichroic Glass with Rhinestones Focal
End of Summer Necklace
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Focal, dichroic glass/Czech rhinestone/gold-plated brass, black/green/blue/clear, 40x30mm single-sided oval donut with twister clasps (1 focal)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, cobalt, 3mm faceted round (23 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, light cobalt, 3mm faceted round (17 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 3mm smooth round (40 beads)
- Seed bead, glass, transparent rainbow, emerald, #11 round (1 pk beads)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, crystal, 0.15mm diameter
- Needle, stainless steel, 4-inch twisted ''J'' shape
- Speedy Stringer bowl, wood, includes ''J'' needle
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Using scissors, cut seven 46-inch lengths of crystal FireLine®. Thread onto one length of FireLine, one J-shaped needle.
Mix the size 11/0 emerald green seed beads, twenty-three 3mm cobalt fire-polished beads, seventeen light cobalt fire-polished beads, and forty 3mm gold-plated beads into the Speedy Stringer bowl.
String a 36-inch length of beads onto the first strand of thread. Pass the needle back through the first five beads on the strand. Pull the thread tight creating a continuous loop. Tie a double half-hitch knot on each end of the thread. Place a small amount of adhesive on each knot. Trim the thread at the knots.
Repeat to create seven strands of beads.
Place the first twister clasp through the center of the seven strands of beads and the hole of the dichroic glass focal piece. Twist the seven strands, then attach the second twister clasp to the end of the strands and the focal piece.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.