Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Drops and Antiqued Gold-Plated ''Pewter'' Links
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light Siam AB, 4mm Xilion bicone (4 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 10mm heart pendant (2 drops)
- Link, antiqued gold-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 12x9mm double-sided knot (2 links)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (4 eyepins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated, 7mm round, 20 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 16mm plain leverback with 7x2mm shield and open loop (2 earwires)
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
String one 4mm Swarovski Xilion bicone bead onto one 1-inch gold-plated eyepin. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire creating a 4mm bicone beading link. Repeat to create a total of two 4mm bicone beading links.
Open the loop on a gold-plated leverback earwire and connect it to one loop on a 4mm bicone beading link. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the 4mm bicone beading link and pass it through the top loop of the antiqued gold-plated ''pewter'' knot finding. Close the loop.
Open one loop on a second 4mm bicone beading link and pass it through the bottom loop of the antiqued gold-plated ''pewter'' knot finding. Close the loop.
Open one 7mm gold-plated round jumpring and pass it through the opposite loop on the second 4mm bicone beading link and one 10mm Swarovski Xilion heart pendant. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Steps 1 - 5 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.