Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Drops, Cubic Zirconia Gems and Sterling Silver Beads and Links
Hits the Spot
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, sterling silver, 6mm stardust round (2 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, Siam AB, 14mm heart pendant (2 drops)
- Gem, cubic zirconia, garnet red, 4mm faceted round (2 gems)
- Link, sterling silver, 20mm textured flat round with 4mm round setting (2 links)
- Eyepin, sterling silver, 1-1/4 inch, 24 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Earwire, sterling silver, 18mm fishhook with 3mm ball and 2mm coil with open loop, 22 gauge (2 earwires)
- Wire, sterling silver, half-hard, round, 24 gauge
- Pliers, gem setting
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
Place one 6mm round sterling silver stardust bead onto a 1-1/4 inch eyepin. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire to create a stardust beading link.
Open the loop on one earwire and attach it to one loop on the 6mm stardust beading link. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop of the 6mm stardust beading link and attach it to one loop on the sterling silver textured round link with setting. Close the loop.
Place the 4mm red faceted stone face down on a padded surface. Gently press the mounting onto the stone so it snaps into place. Using gem-setting pliers, tighten all four prongs making sure the stone is set securely in the mount.
Cut a 3-1/2 inch length of sterling silver half-hard wire. String a 14mm heart crystal onto the wire and start the bending process to create a briolette wrapped loop. Before wrapping the second loop in the briolette wrapped loop, string the wire through the bottom loop of the sterling silver textured round link with setting.
Complete the wrapping of the briolette wrapped loop.
Repeat Steps 1 - 5 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.