Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal and Gold-Finished Brass Bead Caps and Chain
Women Searching for Balance
-- Designer --
To learn more about Gulten Dye, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal and gold-plated brass, crystal clear, 6x3.5mm rondelle (5 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 18x12mm rondelle with 3.5mm hole (5 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal gemcolors, mystic black, 8mm round (5 pearls)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 20x20mm cross pendant (8 drops)
- Bead cap, gold-plated brass, 15x10mm leaf (5 bead caps)
- Bead cap, gold-finished brass, 6x1mm flower, fits 6-8mm bead (10 bead caps)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 8mm twisted round, 16 gauge (13 jumprings)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 2-inch, 21 gauge (5 headpins)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 17mm flat fishhook with 3mm coil and open loop, 22 gauge (2 earwires)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated brass, 13x6mm with diamond pattern (1 clasp)
- Chain, gold-plated brass, 14mm interlocking hammered round
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut one 19-inch length of gold-plated 14mm hammered round chain.
||String one gold-plated 6mm flower bead cap, one Swarovski jet 18x12mm rondelle, one gold-plated 15x10mm leaf bead cap (form around the edges of the jet rondelle), one gold-plated and Swarovski crystal clear 6mm rondelle, one Swarovski mystic black 8mm round pearl and one gold-plated 6mm flower bead cap onto a gold-plated 2-inch headpin. Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and flush-cutters, form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the headpin. Repeat to create a total of five jet crystal bead drops.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers, open an 8mm twisted round jumpring. Pass it through the loop on the lobster claw clasp and the first link on the 19-inch length of chain. Close the jumpring.
Open an 8mm twisted round jumpring. Pass it through the hole on a Swarovski crystal AB 20x20mm cross pedant drop and the 11th link on the chain. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to attach a Swarovski crystal AB 20x20mm cross pendant drop to the 15th, 19th, 23rd, 27th and the 31st link on the chain.
Repeat to attach a jet crystal bead drop to the 13th, 17th, 21st, 25th and the 29th link on the chain.
Using flush-cutters, cut two 1-link pieces of gold-plated 14mm hammered round chain.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers, open an 8mm twisted round jumpring. Pass it through the hole on a Swarovski crystal AB 20x20mm cross pendant drop and a 1-link piece of chain. Close the jumpring.
Open the loop on an earwire. Pass it through the link of chain. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.