Earrings with Gold-Plated Steel Components, Crystal Rhinestone Chatons and Gold-Finished Brass Chain
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Component, gold-plated steel, 25x18mm single-sided butterfly with (4) PP31 settings (2 components)
- Chaton, crystal rhinestone, olivine, foil back, 4.1-4.2mm round, PP32 (8 chatons)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Earwire, gold-plated stainless steel, 20mm fishhook with 3mm ball and 4mm coil with open loop, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, gold-finished brass, 3x2.5mm cable
- Adhesive, Loctite 409 gel
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut four 1/2 inch lengths of gold-finished 3x2.5mm cable chain.
Using bent-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers, open one 4mm gold-plated jumpring. Pass jumpring through the first link on two 1/2 inch lengths of gold-finished cable chain and the loop on one gold-finished fishhook earwire. Close the jumpring.
Open one 4mm gold-plated jumpring and pass it through the last link on the first 1/2 inch length of chain and one loop on a gold-plated 25x18mm butterfly component. Close the jumpring. Repeat to connect the second 1/2 inch length of chain to the opposite loop on the butterfly component.
Using a toothpick, add a dab of Loctite® 409 gel adhesive to the back of one Swarovski PP32 olivine chaton. Press chaton down into one chaton setting on the wing of the butterfly component. Repeat to add one chaton to the three remaining chaton settings on the butterfly component. Set aside and allow adhesive to dry.
Repeat Steps 2 - 4 to create a second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.