Triple-Strand Bracelet with Epoxy and Gold-Plated Brass Focals and Gold- and Silver-Plated Steel Lantern Chain
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Focal, epoxy and gold-plated brass, clear, 32x16mm star cluster (1 focal)
- Cord end, glue-in, stainless steel, satin, 15x15mm with 12.5x5mm inside diameter (2 cord ends)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 6mm round, 20 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Jumpring, antiqued silver-plated copper, 8mm twisted soldered round, 16 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Clasp, lobster claw, antiqued silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 15x12mm with double-sided ribbed design (1 clasp)
- Chain, silver-plated steel, 4mm lantern
- Chain, gold-plated steel, 4mm lantern
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut the following:
One 7-inch length of gold-plated 4mm lantern chain
Two 7-inch lengths of silver-plated 4mm lantern chain
Place a layer of E-6000® Jewelry and Craft Adhesive on the inside of a cord end and the first link of one 7-inch length of silver-plated lantern chain. Press the end of the first silver-plated chain into the cord end. Repeat to attach the first link of the 7-inch length of gold-plated lantern chain in the center of the cord end and the first link of the second 7-inch length of silver-plated lantern chain on the opposite side. Repeat to attach the last link of the three chains into a second cord end. Let the adhesive set for 24 hours. Make sure to use proper ventilation when using this product.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, remove the gold-plated stars from the jumprings on the star cluster focal.
Measure 1 inch from the cord end on the first 7-inch silver-plated lantern chain. Using a pair of bent-nose pliers, gently pull one link from the lantern chain open. String onto the link, the loop on one gold-plated star. Use a pair of chain-nose pliers to hook the link back into the lantern chain. Repeat to attach five gold-plated stars on each of the three lengths of chain.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers, open a 6mm jumpring. Pass it through the loop on the first cord end and the loop on a lobster claw clasp. Close the jumpring.
Using a pair of flush-cutters to cut an opening in an 8x1mm twisted jumpring. Open the jumpring. Pass it through the loop on the second cord end. Close the jumpring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.