Slap-On Bracelet with Duck Tape®, Glass Beads and Acrylic Beads
Got the Beat
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Bead, glass, assorted colors, butterfly, small (4 beads)
- Bead mix, acrylic with stardust finish, mixed colors and shapes (4 beads)
- Bracelet, slap-on, steel and plastic, white, 1 inch wide, 8-1/4 inches (1 bracelet)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine Crystal, crystal, 0.13mm diameter
- Duct tape, Duck Tape, plastic / poly-cotton cloth / rubber, multicolored, 48mm wide with splatter pattern
- Needle, high carbon steel, six of each size, 1-5/8 inch (#15), 2-inch (#12) and 2-3/16 inch (#10)
- Craft knife set, three handles, 13 blades in plastic carrying case
Using scissors cut one 9-1/4 inch length of splatter pattern Duck Tape®.
Center the edge of the tape on the top edge on the front of slap-on bracelet with 1/2 inch overlap on each end.
Using scissors cut a 24-inch length of clear FireLine® thread. String the FireLine onto a beading needle. Measure 2-1/2 inches from the end of the bracelet and pass the FireLine from the back of the tape through one turquoise-colored acrylic flower bead and from the front to the back of the tape under the bead. Tie the thread to the original tail using two overhand knots to secure the thread in place.
Pass the thread under the tape to position a blue butterfly glass bead 1/2 inch to the left of the previous bead.
Continue to pass the thread through the tape from the back to the front to attach acrylic and glass beads in a random pattern to the center 4-1/2 inches on the front of the tape. Attach the tape to the length of the bracelet as you attach the beads to the front. Tie the tail of the thread around the insert thread after the last bead using two overhand knots to secure the thread in place.
Using a craft knife, cut a square from each corner on the ends of the tape to create a tab that will cover the rounded ends. Fold tab over the ends. Fold the tape around the side edges of the bracelet, making sure there are no air bubbles or wrinkles in the tape.
Cut one 8-inch strip of tape and cut in half along the length of the tape. Center the strip over the open space on the back of the bracelet and press firmly to secure.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.