Cuff Bracelet with Peridot Chips and Apoxie® Sculpt
Daughter of Ra
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Embellishment, peridot, undrilled mini chip
- Bracelet, Almost Instant Jewelry, cuff, gunmetal-plated brass and ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 65x35mm with 30x22mm oval setting, adjustable (1 bracelet)
- Molding compound, Apoxie Sculpt, 2-part epoxy, black
- Adhesive, Judi Kins Diamond Glaze
- Craft brush, wood / horsehair / aluminum, assorted colors, 7 to 8-1/2 inches, sizes 1-12
Open the black Apoxie Sculpt, 2-part epoxy molding compound. Mix equal parts of the epoxy for two minutes, or until thoroughly combined, to create a putty-like texture.
Work the Apoxie into the 30x22mm oval setting on the gunmetal-plated 65x35mm cuff bracelet. Create a domed surface across the top of the bracelet.
Use a toothpick to create a hole in the center of the Apoxie. Press a peridot chip into the Apoxie. Continue to cover the entire surface of the Apoxie with the peridot chips.
Using a paintbrush, apply a layer of Diamond Glaze™ across the first layer of peridot chips on the bracelet.
Place a second layer of peridot chips on top of the first layer in the Diamond Glaze before it dries.
Apply a second layer of Diamond Glaze across the second layer of peridot chips on the bracelet.
Allow 24 hours for complete hardening.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.