Earrings with Antiqued Pewter Beads and Swarovski® Crystals
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, indicolite, 3mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Capri blue AB, 4mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, antiqued pewter (tin-based alloy), 21x6mm double-sided dragonfly (2 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal gemcolors, dark lapis, 3mm round (6 pearls)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 4 inches, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 17mm leverback with 8x4mm shell and open loop (2 earwires)
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
String the following onto one silver-plated 2-inch headpin:
One Swarovski indicolite 3mm bicone
Three Swarovski dark lapis 3mm round pearls
One antiqued pewter 21x6mm dragonfly bead
One Swarovski Capri blue AB 4mm round
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and flush-cutters form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire approximately 1/8 inch from last bead.
Gently curve the loop end "tail" of the dragonfly to and approximately 35-degree angle.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and flush-cutters form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire creating a dragonfly drop.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open the loop on one leverback earwire. Pass the loop through the wrapped loop on the dragonfly drop. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 1 - 4 to create a second earring curving the tail of the dragonfly in the opposite direction creating a mirror image of the first drop.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.