Earrings with Wirework, Gold-Finished Steel Chain and Swarovski Crystal
Petrie Family Christmas Trees
-- Designer --
Jamie, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, ruby, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 2-1/2 inches, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 22 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Earnut, gold-plated brass, 5.5x5mm barrel (2 earnuts)
- Earstud, gold-plated brass and stainless steel, 6mm half ball with closed loop (2 earstuds)
- Chain, gold-finished steel, 2mm curb
- Wire, anodized aluminum, gold, textured round with crosshatch pattern, 12 gauge
- Mandrel, Artistic Wire CONETASTIC, plastic and steel, green, 5-1/4 x 1 inches with 3-3/4 x 1-inch base and 2 x 1/4 to 2 x 1/2 inch cone
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
Using flush-cutters cut the following:
Two 22-inch lengths of textured gold aluminum 12-gauge wire.
Six 4-inch lengths of gold-finished steel 2mm curb chain.
Using the Artistic Wire® CONETASTIC™ Mandrel, select the medium size mandrel to create a cone with the 12-gauge wire, approximately 1-1/2 inches tall, 1/2 inch wide at the base and 1/4 inch at the tip.
Repeat to form a second cone.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers, open the loop on one 2-1/2 inch gold-plated eyepin. Pass the loop through the center link on three lengths of chain. Close the loop.
String onto the straight end of the eyepin the cone (Step 2) and one Swarovski ruby 6mm bicone then form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire.
Open two gold-plated 4mm jumprings. Pass one jumpring through the loop on an earstud and the wrapped loop. Close the jumpring. Repeat to attach a second jumpring creating double jumprings.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.