Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Cultured Freshwater Pearls
Tin Cup Trio
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, sterling silver, 6x1.5mm tube (1 bead)
- Pearl, White Lotus cultured freshwater, white, 7-7.5mm rice (5 pearls)
- Pearl, cultured freshwater, iris blue, 7-8mm rice (5 pearls)
- Pearl, cultured freshwater, black cherry, 7-8mm rice (7 pearls)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2x1mm cut tube, 1.1mm inside diameter (32 crimps)
- Crimp end, sterling silver, 5x2.5mm tube with loop, 1mm inside diameter (2 crimp ends)
- Earring, sterling silver, 12mm round hoop with endless-loop closure (2 earrings)
- Chain, sterling silver-filled, 0.8mm serpentine
- Pearl reamer, extra fine with wood handle, 5-inches long
- Jeweler saw and blades
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Now you can easily make, wear and sell your own high-end floating jewelry for less. This project features a trio of red, white and blue-colored cultured freshwater pearls that ...
Cut one 34-inch length of sterling silver-filled 0.8mm serpentine chain.
String one crimp onto the length of chain then crimp it approximately 2-1/2 inches from one end of the chain.
Continue to string one black cherry 7-8mm pearl and one crimp. Pull the chain to the pearl and crimp rest snug against the previous crimp then crimp.
Tip: It may be necessary to ream the pearl holes so they will fit on the chain. See the Resources section below for instructions on reaming pearls.
Repeat Step 2 to place one white 7-7.5mm pearl approximately 1-inch from the previous pearl. Continue to add one iris blue 7-8mm pearl from the previous.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to create four more sets beginning approximately 3-1/2 inches from the previous set to finish the strand.
String one 6x1.5mm tube bead onto one end of the length of chain then pass the opposite end of the chain through the tube, so the ends are going opposite directions. Crimp along the entire length of the tube to secure.
Cut two 2-1/2 inch lengths of 0.8mm serpentine chain.
Place one crimp on the very end of one length of chain then crimp. String one black cherry 7-8mm pearl. Place one 5x2.5mm crimp end onto the opposite end of the chain then crimp. Trim any excess chain from each end.
Open one hoop earring then string the loop on the crimp end onto the hoop.
Repeat Steps 2 - 3 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.