Earrings with Silver-Finished "Pewter" and Gold-Plated "Pewter" Spacer Bars, Czech Pearl-Coated Glass Druk Beads and Copper-Finished Brass Micro Hardware
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech pearl-coated glass druk, emerald green, 4mm round (20 beads)
- Link, gold-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 15x15mm square with flat back and 8 loops (2 links)
- Link, silver-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 20mm round with flat back and 10 loops (2 links)
- Spacer bar, silver-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 14x1mm 5-strand curved bar, fits up to 2.5mm bead (8 spacer bars)
- Spacer bar, gold-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 19x1mm 7-strand curved, fits up to 2.5mm bead (4 spacer bars)
- Spacer bar, gold-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 22x1mm 8-strand curved, fits up to 2.5mm bead (4 spacer bars)
- Micro hardware, copper-finished brass, 2.5x1.5mm nut / 4x0.5mm washer / 1/4 inch screw with 1.6mm thread diameter (76 micro hardware components)
- Chain tab, gold-plated brass, 10x4mm (2 chain tabs)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (20 headpins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earnut, plastic and gold-plated brass, 12x7mm comfort clutch (2 earnuts)
- Earstud, gold-plated brass and stainless steel, 6mm half ball with closed loop (2 earstuds)
- Miniature screwdriver set
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Spacer Bar and Link Component
String onto one copper-finished screw; one washer, a loop on one silver-finished 20mm round link and the loop on one end of one gold-plated 8-strand spacer bar (curved side facing to the left) then secure with a nut. Repeat to attach a second 8-strand spacer bar two loops to the left (curved side facing right).
Position the spacers so the loops on the opposite end of each overlaps. Join the overlapping loops from the spacer bars and the loop on the larger end of one chain tab with a screw.
String onto a screw; a washer, the next loop, to the right of the first 8-strand spacer, on the round link and the loop on one end of one 7-strand spacer bar (curved side facing inward) then secure. Position the opposite end of the 7-strand spacer bar over the third loop on the 8-strand spacer. Join the loops with a screw.
Repeat to attach a 7-strand spacer bar on the opposite side of the component creating a mirror image.
String onto a screw; a washer, one corner loop on one square link and the bottom loop on the round link then secure.
Join the loop on one end of one 5-strand spacer bar (curved side facing down) and the next loop on the round link, below the 7-strand spacer bar, on the right with a screw.
Join the loop on one end of one 5-strand spacer bar (curved side facing up) and the loop on the right corner of the square link with a screw.
Position the spacers so the loop on the opposite end of each overlaps. Join the loops with a screw.
Repeat to attach 5-strand spacer bars on the opposite side of the component creating a mirror image.
Repeat Steps 1 - 5 to create a second spacer bar and link component.
Tip: If desired, apply a tiny drop of G-S Hypo cement to each micro screw area inside the micro nut to secure then allow to dry according to manufacturer's instructions.
String one Czech pearl-coated emerald green 4mm round onto a silver-plated 1-inch headpin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of twenty emerald green drops.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers open the loop on one emerald green drop. Pass the loop through the top loop on the round link on the component.
Attach one emerald green drop to the each of the bottom three loops on the square link.
Attach one emerald green drop to each of the center loops on the bottom right 5-strand spacer bar. Repeat to attach an emerald green drop to the 5-strand spacer bar on the opposite side.
Pass one gold-plated 4mm jumpring through the loop on the smaller end of the chain tab (Step 2) and the loop on one earstud and close.
Repeat Steps 8 - 9 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.