Lashed Wrap Bracelet with Czech Pressed Glass Spacers, TierraCast® Antiqued Gold-Plated Pewter Charm and Celestial Crystal® Bead
The Power of Peace
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, gold-finished steel, 3mm round (6 beads)
- Bead, Half Tila, glass, opaque metallic dark bronze, 5x2.3mm rectangle with (2) 0.8mm holes (22 beads)
- Bead, Celestial Crystal, glass, 18-facet, clear iris green, 16x8mm faceted cone (1 bead)
- Spacer, Czech pressed glass, marbled opaque purple, 6x6mm 2-strand pyramid, fits 3mm bead (24 spacers)
- Spacer, Czech pressed glass, marbled opaque green, 6x6mm 2-strand pyramid, fits 3mm bead (24 spacers)
- Spacer, Czech pressed glass, opaque alabaster and amber yellow, 6x6mm 2-strand pyramid, fits 3mm bead (24 spacers)
- Charm, TierraCast, antiqued gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 16.5x15.5mm double-sided swallow (1 charm)
- Crimp end, JBB Findings, brass, 6x4mm tube with loop, 2.5mm inside diameter (4 crimp ends)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 4 inches, 21 gauge (1 headpin)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (8 jumprings)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 6mm round, 18 gauge (3 jumprings)
- Clasp, JBB Findings, toggle, gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 18mm single-sided round with beaded fade pattern (1 clasp)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, Crystal, crystal, 0.10mm diameter
- Cord, Ellada Leather, Greek leather, 2.5mm round
- Wire, gold-plated brass, 31 gauge
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive, clear
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Beading needles
Using scissors cut two 22-inch lengths of Ellada Leather™ 2.5mm cord and four 60-inch lengths of FireLine® thread.
Using flush-cutters cut two 24-inch lengths of gold-plated 31-gauge wire.
Note: It may be necessary to knot/tie off your thread and start with a fresh length during this process. Place a small amount of E-6000® Jewelry and Craft adhesive to secure the knot.
Place one 6x4mm crimp end on the first end of one 22-inch length of leather cord then compress the center section of the crimp tube. Repeat to attach one crimp end to each end of both lengths of leather cord.
Match one end of the two lengths of leather so the loops on the crimp ends lay side-by-side. Using one 24-inch length of wire, neatly wrap the crimp ends together at the center. Twist the ends of the wire together then press them flat to secure.
Secure the crimp ends to your work surface. Thread a needle onto one length of thread. Double the thread in half and tie a knot to secure.
String one 3mm round onto the needle. Separate the strands of leather cord and place the bead between them at the base of the crimp ends. Wrap the thread around the cord on one side, back through the bead and around the cord on the opposite side creating a figure eight. Repeat once more to secure the bead in place.
String two 3mm rounds wrap the thread around the cord, back through the beads and around the cord on the opposite side creating a figure eight.
Continue to lash six Czech opaque green 6x6mm pyramid beads to the cord. String the top hole on two Half Tila® metallic bronze beads, wrap the thread around the cord then pass the needle through the bottom hole on the two beads and around the cord on the opposite side.
Repeat to lash a total of four sets.
Continue to lash six alabaster and amber pyramid beads and one set of metallic bronze beads Half Tila beads. Repeat to lash a total of four sets.
Repeat using marbled purple pyramid beads instead of alabaster and amber.
Continue to a set of two 3mm rounds then one 2mm round. Secure the thread to the leather cord on one side.
Repeat Step 3 to secure the crimp ends together.
Using 4mm jumprings connect each crimp end loop on one end of the leather cord to the loop on the ring portion of the toggle clasp.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through one crimp end loop on the opposite end of the bracelet and two 4mm jumprings then close. Using one 4mm jumpring connect the second crimp end loop to the previous two 4mm jumprings.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the previous double jumprings and the loop on the bar portion of the toggle clasp. Repeat to attach a second jumpring creating double jumprings.
String one Celestial Crystal 16x8mm cone onto one 4-inch headpin then form a wrapped loop creating a cone drop.
Using a 6mm jumpring connect the cone drop to the ring portion of the toggle clasp. Connect the swallow charm to the ring portion of the toggle clasp using double 6mm jumprings.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.