Multi-Strand Bracelet With Bone Beads And Color-Coated Leather Cord
Lagune des Crânes
-- Designer --
Esther, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, bone, antiqued brown, 8x6mm-9x6mm graduated hand-carved single-sided skull (6 beads)
- Clasp, magnetic reef knot, imitation rhodium-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 49x19mm knot with glue-in ends, 5mm inside diameter (1 clasp)
- Thread, Silkon, bonded nylon, heavyweight #3, green
- Cord, color-coated leather, dark green, 2mm
- Cord, color-coated leather, off-white, 2mm
- Cord, color-coated leather, off-white, 1mm
- Adhesive, Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy, 2-part
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Cut the following:
One 7-1/2 inch length off-white 1mm leather cord
Three 7-1/2 inch lengths off-white 2mm leather cord
Three 7-1/2 inch lengths dark green 2mm leather cord
Two 2-foot lengths Silkon® nylon thread
Match up the ends of each length of cord then wrap one length of thread around the ends of the gathered cords then secure with a whipping knot. Trim the ends even and trim excess thread.
String six antiqued brown graduated skulls onto the 1mm leather cord then repeat Step 2 to secure the opposite ends of the cords.
Mix Devcon® 5 Minute Epoxy according to manufacturer's instructions.
Apply epoxy to one bound end of the cords then insert it into on portion of the magnetic reef knot clasp. Repeat to attach second portion of the clasp then set aside for approximately five minutes to cure.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.