Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Preciosa Ripple™ Czech Pressed Glass Beads, Seed Beads and Gold-Plated Brass Beads
-- Designer --
Jude, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jude Wroblewski, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 4mm stardust round with 1mm hole (12 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 8mm stardust round with 2.4mm hole (6 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Ripple, Czech pressed glass, opaque matte California meadows, 12x3mm ripple (100 beads)
- Seed bead, Miyuki, glass, opaque matte metallic rainbow rose green, 7x4mm long magatama (96 beads)
- Cone, gold-plated brass, 26x6mm wrapped, 5.5mm inside diameter (2 cones)
- Crimp end, JBB Findings, brass, 6x3.5mm tube with loop, 2mm inside diameter (12 crimp ends)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (8 jumprings)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 5mm round, 20 gauge (10 jumprings)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 14mm leverback with open loop (2 earwires)
- Cord, Invizi-Cord, nylon, clear, 0.25mm, 8-pound test
- Cord, Satinique, satin, antiqued gold, 1mm mini
- Chain, gold-finished brass, 2mm snake, 7-1/2 inches with 1-inch extender chain and lobster claw clasp
- Chain, gold-finished brass, 2mm snake, 36 inches with 1-inch extender chain and lobster claw clasp
- Wire, Zebra Wire, brass, gold color, round, 22 gauge
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive, clear
- Adhesive, Vigor Super Glue
- Huggy Spool, soft plastic, clear, 2-1/2 inch round with 3/4 inch hole
- Kumihimo disk, EVA foam, white and black, 4-1/4 inch round with 22mm inside hole and 32 slots
- Wire knitter and kumihimo weight, Artistic Wire, steel, 2 x 1/2 inches, 50 grams
- Beading supply, Bead Stopper, stainless steel, 12mm
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Cut the following:
Two 6-foot lengths antiqued gold Satinique™ 1mm mini cord
Two 6-foot lengths Invizi™-Cord 0.25mm cord
2mm snake chain (removing the ends and clasp):
Two 3-inch lengths
One 5-1/2 inch length
One 7-1/2 inch length
One 8-1/2 inch length
One 10-1/2 inch length
20 3-inch lengths and two 5-inch lengths 22-gauge Zebra Wire™
Match one end of the two lengths of 1mm mini cord and Invizi-Cord. Fold the cords in half and match up the ends, creating eight strands. Insert on one 5-inch length of Zebra Wire through the folded center of the cords. Form a wrapped loop to secure the cords then trim excess wire from the short end of the wire (do not trim the longer end of the wire).
Place the wire through the center of the kumihimo disk, and insert the cord strands into the slots on the disk according to the basic spiral kumihimo instructions.
Tip: If desired attach a kumihimo weight to the wire to help draw the cord through the hole.
String approximately 25 California meadow 12x3mm ripple beads onto one length of Invizi-Cord then attach a Bead Stopper™ to the end. Repeat to add ripple beads to each length of cord.
Weave the basic 8-cord spiral braid pattern for a few rotations. Continue to weave the kumihimo pattern, sliding one ripple bead toward the center when moving each Invizi-Cord strand. Continue the kumihimo pattern and incorporating ripple beads for approximately 8 inches.
Remove the cords from the disk then insert approximately 1/2 inch on one end of one 5-inch length of wire into the end of the braid. Wrap the wire around the cord at the base of the braid. Trim excess thread then apply a small amount of Vigor® Super Glue to secure.
String one 26x6mm wrapped cone onto the straight end of one wire on one end of the kumihimo braid (open end over the braid), form a wrapped loop. Repeat to attach a cone to the opposite end of the cord.
Form a wrapped loop on one end of one 3-inch length of wire. String six matte rainbow rose green magatamas onto the straight end of the wire then form a wrapped loop. Repeat to create a total of 16 magatama links.
Twist two magatama links together so they spiral around each other. Repeat to create a total of eight sets of twisted magatama links.
Form a wrapped loop on one end of one 3-inch length of wire. String onto the straight end of the wire one 4mm stardust round, one 8mm stardust round and one 4mm stardust round then form a wrapped loop. Repeat to create a total of four stardust round links.
Place one 6x3.5mm crimp end onto one end of one length of chain then crimp. Repeat to attach a crimp end to each end of each length of chain.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the loop on one lobster claw clasp (from the original chain) and the first loop on one 3-inch length of chain then close. Attach one 5mm jumpring to the first loop on the second 3-inch length of chain.
Use one 4mm jumpring to attach the loop on the opposite end of one 3-inch length of chain and the first loop on one stardust round link.
Use 5mm jumprings to connect the following to the opposite end of the stardust round link: the one set of twisted magatama links, one stardust round link and the one set of twisted magatama links. Use one 4mm jumpring to connect last set of twisted magatama links to the wrapped loop on one end of the kumihimo braid.
Repeat using the opposite end of the kumihimo braid to create the second half of the necklace.
Use 4mm jumprings attach the first loop on the 10-1/2 inch length of chain to the second loop the first stardust round link on each side of the necklace. Repeat to attach the 8-1/2 inch length of chain to the second stardust link on each side.
Use one 5mm jumpring to attach the loop on each end of the 7-1/2 inch length of chain to the first set of loops on a set of twisted magatama links. Use one 4mm jumpring to attach the loops on the opposite end of the twisted magatama links to the second loop on the first set of magatama links on each side.
Repeat to attach the 5-1/2 inch length of chain to each wrapped loop on the kumihimo braid.
Cut two 3-inch lengths 2mm snake chain and two 3-inch lengths 22-gauge Zebra Wire.
Attach one 6x3.5mm crimp end to each end of each length of chain.
Form a wrapped loop on one end of one length of wire. String onto the straight end of the wire one 4mm stardust round, one 8mm stardust round and one 4mm stardust round then form a wrapped loop. Repeat to create a total of two stardust round links.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the loop on each end of one length of chain and the first loop on the stardust round link then close. Attach the loop on one leverback earwire to the loop on the opposite end of the stardust link.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.