Earrings with Cultured Freshwater Pearls, Swarovski® Crystals and 14Kt Gold-Filled Chain
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystals, amethyst, 3mm Xilion bicone (20 beads)
- Pearl, cultured freshwater, mauve, 17-20mm flat square with 0.2-0.7mm hole, C grade, Mohs hardness 2-1/2 to 4 (2 pearls)
- Link, Swarovski crystals and gold-plated brass, amethyst, 6.14-6.32mm round (2 links)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 24 gauge (20 headpins)
- Jumpring, 14Kt gold-filled, 3.5mm round, 1.8mm inside diameter, 19 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Earwire, 14Kt gold-filled, 14mm fishhook with ball and open loop, 24 gauge (2 earwires)
- Wire, 12Kt gold-filled, full-hard, round, 24 gauge
- Chain, Gossamer, 14Kt gold-filled, 1.2mm flat cable
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
Cut the following:
Two 1-1/2 inch lengths of 12Kt gold-filled wire
14Kt gold-filled cable chain:
Four 1-inch lengths
Four 1-1/8 inch lengths
Twelve 1-1/4 inch lengths
String one amethyst 3mm bicone onto a headpin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of 20 amethyst drops.
Attach one amethyst drop to the end of each length of chain.
Begin forming a wrapped loop on the end of one length of wire, leaving the end open.
String onto the loop (using the last link of each chain opposite of the amethyst drops): two 1-inch lengths of chain, two 1-1/8 inch lengths of chain and six 1-1/4 inch lengths of chain then finish the wrapped loop.
String one mauve 17-20mm flat square onto the opposite end of the wire then form a wrapped loop.
Pass one jumpring through one pearl link and one amethyst SS29 link then close. Attach one earwire to the opposite end of the amethyst SS29 link.
Repeat Steps 3 - 4 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.