Earrings with Purely Silk™ Tassels, Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Gemstone Beads and Swarovski® Crystals
-- Designer --
Patti, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Patti Miller, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, sleeping beauty turquoise, 4mm round (2 beads)
- Bead, sleeping beauty turquoise, 6mm round (2 beads)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, Crystal Passions, blue zircon shimmer, foil back, 3-3.2mm Xirius rose (2 flat backs)
- Crimp, gold-plated brass, 2.5mm corrugated round (2 crimps)
- Ribbon crimp end, gold-plated brass, 13x5mm rectangle (2 ribbon crimp ends)
- Head pin, gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (4 head pins)
- Eye pin, gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (2 eye pins)
- Ear wire, gold-plated brass, 16mm leverback with 7x2mm shield and open loop (2 ear wires)
- Thread, Purely Silk, pale green, size FFF
- Adhesive, E6000 Fray Lock, crystal clear
- Coating, Tool Magic, rubber, white, for plier tips
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Tools, hobby knife
Bead, Swarovski crystals, blue zircon AB, 4mm Xilion bicone (8 beads)
Cardboard, 2 inch square
- Beads, Swarovski crystals
String one blue zircon AB 4mm bicone onto a head pin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a second drop.
String one turquoise 4mm round onto a head pin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a second drop.
String onto an eye pin: one turquoise 6mm round, one crimp and one blue zircon AB 4mm bicone then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a second link.
Cut a 9-foot length of size FFF Purely Silk™ thread.
Using a 2-inch wide piece of cardboard, mark a 1/2 inch area. Wrap the thread around the cardboard, staying within the 1/2 inch area.
Cut the thread on one side, creating a 1/2 x 2-inch long tassel then remove it from the cardboard.
Apply a small amount of E6000® Fray Lock™ to the closed end of the tassel then place the end of the tassel into a 13x5mm ribbon crimp end and crimp.
Using E6000 Fray Lock, apply a thin line of adhesive to one side of the ribbon crimp end.
Using four blue zircon shimmer SS12 flat backs, press the flat backs onto the ribbon crimp end. Set aside to cure.
Attach the turquoise end of the beaded link to the ribbon crimp end then attach an ear wire to the opposite end of the link.
Attach one crystal bicone drop and one turquoise round drop to the top loop of the beaded link.
Repeat Steps 3 - 8 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.