Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Toho Beads® Seed Beads
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Seed bead, Toho Beads, glass, translucent luminous neon green, #8 round
- Seed bead, Toho Beads, glass, translucent luminous neon pink, #8 round
- Seed bead, Toho Beads, glass, translucent rainbow teal, #8 round
- Component, gunmetal-plated steel, 18x13mm double-sided hammered open flat oval (3 components)
- Focal, antique silver-plated steel, 40x30mm double-sided hammered flat open oval (1 focal)
- Jump ring, gunmetal-plated brass, 6mm round, 18 gauge (14 jump rings)
- Head pin, gunmetal-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (9 head pins)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gunmetal-plated brass, 10x6mm (1 clasp)
- Ear wire, gunmetal-plated brass, 17mm fishhook with 2.5mm ball and open loop, 22 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Chain, gunmetal-plated steel, 3mm flat figure 8
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, gel-spun polyethylene, smoke, 0.13mm diameter, 4-pound test
- Thread burner, The Bead Buddy Perfect Thread Sealer II
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Beading needles
Cut a 3-foot length of FireLine® thread. Thread a beading needle, leaving a tail.
Pass the thread through a 40x30mm open focal. Tie a knot around the focal, leaving a 4-inch tail then thread a beading needle on the long end of the thread.
Pick up two green seed beads. Pass through the focal then through the second seed bead added.
Pick up one green seed bead. Pass through the focal then through the seed bead just added. Repeat to add the first row of green, blue and pink seed beads.
Pass through the first seed bead added in Step 4, toward the focal, then pass through the last seed bead added, away from the focal. Pull taut to secure row 1.
Pick up two green seed beads. Pass under the thread between the first two seed beads of the first row, then pass through the second seed bead just added.
Repeat Steps 3 - 6 to add the desired number of rows, using the image as reference.
Repeat Steps 1 - 6 to add a second set of seed beads inside the focal, as seen in the image.
Pass three pink seed beads onto a head pin. Form a simple loop.
Repeat with blue and green seed beads to create a total of three drops.
Open a jump ring. Slide on a drop created in Step 8 and an 18x13mm component. Close the jump ring.
Repeat to attach the remaining drops.
Use a jump ring to attach the component to the bottom of the seed beads, as seen in the image.
Cut two 8-inch lengths of chain. Use jump rings to attach each length to the focal. Use a jump ring to attach a lobster claw clasp to the end of one chain. Attach a jump ring to the end of the other chain to complete the necklace.
Pass three green seed beads onto a head pin. Form a simple loop. Repeat with blue and green seed beads to create a total of three drops. Use jump rings to attach the drops to an 18x13mm component. Attach the component to an ear wire. Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.