Print Larger Image
Printer Friendly Version
Double-Strand Bracelet and Earring Set with Crystal Passions® Chatons and Flat Backs and Gold-Plated Brass Components
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Flat back, Crystal Passions rhinestone, scarlet, foil back, 4.6-4.8mm rose, SS20 (7 flat backs)
- Chaton, Crystal Passions, scarlet, foil back, 8.16-8.41mm round, SS39 (30 chatons)
- Drop, gold-plated brass, 8mm with SS39 4-prong chaton setting (6 drops)
- Link, gold-plated brass, 8mm with SS39 4-prong chaton setting (22 links)
- Component, gold-plated brass, 22mm filigree round (7 components)
- Jump ring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (76 jump rings)
- Clasp, 2-strand slide lock, gold-plated brass, 16x6mm tube (1 clasp)
- Earstud, gold-plated brass and steel, 11x8mm with post and SS39 4-prong chaton setting with loop (2 earstuds)
- Adhesive, epoxy, Devcon 2 Ton Clear Epoxy, 30-minute, 2-part
- Prong pusher
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
Use Devcon® 5 Minute® Epoxy to glue one 4.6mm flat back to the center of the concave side of a filigree component. Repeat to create a total of three embellished components. Set aside to cure.
Use a prong pusher to secure one SS39 chaton in an 8mm link. Repeat to create a total of 16 links.
Open a jump ring. Slide on one loop of a clasp and one link. Close the jump ring. Add a second jump ring to the same loop and link.
Note: For the rest of this project, when prompted to add a jump ring be sure to add two jump rings. This will add extra strength and security and prevent links from flipping over.
Use a jump ring to attach a link to the other side of the previous link. Use a jump ring to attach an embellished component.
Continue this process to add a total of four sets of links and three components. Use a jump ring to attach a clasp to the other end.
Repeat Step 3 to add links to the other side of the bracelet.
Use Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy to glue one 4.6mm flat back to the concave side of a filigree component. Repeat to create a total of four embellished components. Set aside to dry.
Use a prong pusher to secure one SS39 chaton into an 8mm drop.
Repeat using links and earstuds to create a total of six links, six drops and two earstuds.
Open a jump ring. Slide on one drop and one link. Close the jump ring. Add a second jump ring. Repeat to create a total of six finished drops.
Note: For the rest of this project, when prompted to add a jump ring be sure to add two jump rings. This will add extra strength and security and prevent drops from flipping over.
Hold two filigree components together so that the flat backs are facing outward. Use a jump ring to attach an earstud to the two components.
Use jump rings to attach three finished drops to the bottom of the filigree components.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.