Print Larger Image
Printer Friendly Version
Earrings with Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads and Antique Gold-Plated Pewter Cones
-- Designer --
LauraLynn, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about LauraLynn, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, transparent crystal AB, 2.4-2.6mm round (6 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, light red, 3mm round (8 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, yellow, 3mm round (8 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, orange, 3mm round (8 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, ruby red, 3mm round (8 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, honey, 3mm round (8 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, garnet red, 3mm round (6 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 3mm round (4 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 4x2mm smooth heishi (2 beads)
- Bead, gold-finished brass, 6x1.5mm liquid straight tube (2 beads)
- Cone, antique gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 18x10mm hammered round, fits 8-10mm bead (2 cones)
- Jump ring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 22 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Earstud, gold-finished brass and stainless steel, 4mm ball with closed loop (2 earstuds)
- Earnut, rubber and gold-plated brass, 7x3mm (2 earnuts)
- Wire, ParaWire, gold-finished and silver-plated copper, round, 22 gauge
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, red, size D
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Wide-Eye needles
Cut two 2-foot lengths of thread and two 3-inch lengths of 22-gauge wire.
Create a wrapped loop on one end of a length of wire, wrapping approximately twice around the base wire, just enough to create a secure loop.
Using one length of thread, tie a double knot onto the wrapped loop.
Thread a needle onto the opposite end of the thread, leaving a tail.
Pick up 30 fire-polished glass beads in the pattern of your choice.
Skip the last bead added then pass the needle back through all 29 beads. Pull the thread tight.
To start the next tassel, pass the needle through the loop on the wire then pull the thread until a loop forms. Pass the needle through the loop of the thread then pull tight. This should form a hitch knot on the wire loop and position the thread so it is facing away from the loop.
Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to form a total of eight tassels then repeat the hitch knot in Step 5 five times to secure the thread.
Remove the needle from the working end and thread it onto the tail from Step 3. Repeat the hitch knot three times to secure. Trim excess thread from both ends.
String onto the working end of the wire: one gold-plated brass 3mm round, one 6x1.5mm tube, one cone, one gold-plated brass 4x2mm heishi and one gold-plated brass 3mm round. Form a wrapped loop.
Pass one jump ring through one earstud and the wrapped loop of the tassel component then close.
Repeat Steps 2 - 8 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.