Triple-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal and Gold-Plated Steel Lantern Chain
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet hematite, 6mm Xilion bicone (4 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 13x7mm keystone (8 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 17x9mm double-drilled keystone (12 beads)
- Flat back, Swarovski hotfix crystal rhinestone, jet hematite, foil back, 5mm faceted rivoli triangle (42 flat backs)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 4-inch, 21 gauge (4 headpins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 5.5mm round, 18 gauge (8 jumprings)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 9mm round, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Clasp, 2-strand slide lock, gold-plated brass, 16x6mm round tube (1 clasp)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 15mm leverback with 7x2mm shield and open loop (2 earwires)
- Chain, gold-plated steel, 4mm lantern
- Chain, gold-plated brass, 13x9mm twisted cable
- Wire, gold color brass, 34 gauge
- Sheet, jeweler's bronze, half-hard with mirror finish, 6x6-inch square, 28 gauge
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive
- Adhesive, Epoxy, Devcon Jeweler's 5-minute, 2-part
- Jeweler saw
- Tool, micro-mesh sanding pads, 2x2-inch square, 1500-12000 grit
- Tool, saw blade, twelve assorted interchangeable sizes
- Hammer, ball peen
- Bench block, steel
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Two 5-inch lengths of gold-finished 13x9mm twisted cable chain
- Twelve 6-inch lengths and two 22-inch lengths of gold-plated brass 32-gauge wire
- Two 7-1/2 inch lengths, two 8-inch lengths, two 9-inch lengths, one 16-inch length, one 17-inch length and one 18-inch length of gold-finished 4mm lantern chain
- Two 1-3/4 x 1-inch pieces of jeweler's bronze 28-gauge sheet
Repeat to attach the 9mm edge of the second Swarovski 17x9mm keystone jet crystal to the last link on the 7-1/2 inch length of lantern chain.
Repeat to attach two Swarovski 17x9mm keystone jet crystals to two 7-1/2 inch lengths, two 8-inch lengths and two 9-inch lengths of lantern chain.
Repeat on the opposite side in a mirror image of the first side of the necklace (the last link of the 16-inch length chain, the 17-inch length chain, the 18-inch length, the first link of the second 7-1/2 inch length chain, the second 9-inch length chain and the second 8-inch length chain.
Open a 5.5mm jumpring. Pass it though the first loop on the slide portion of the clasp and the first link on the 5-inch length of twisted cable chain. Close the jumpring. Repeat to attach a 5.5mm jumpring to the second loop on the clasp and the first link on the 5-inch length of twisted cable chain.
Repeat to attach the second 5-inch length of chain to the second bronze 5-sided box and the box portion of the clasp.
- Two 3-1/2 inch lengths and two 4-inch lengths of gold-finished 4mm lantern chain
- Four 6-inch lengths and two 18-inch lengths of gold-plated brass 32-gauge wire
Repeat to attach the 7mm edge of the second Swarovski 13x7mm keystone jet crystal to the last link on the 3-1/2 inch length of lantern chain.
Repeat to attach two Swarovski 17x9mm keystone jet crystals to two 3-1/2 inch lengths and two 4-inch lengths of lantern chain.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.