Bracelet with Leather Cord, Purely Silk™ Thread and Anodized Chain
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Snap, line 20 fastener, black-finished steel, 12mm cap and 4.5mm snap (1 snap)
- Cord, leather, brown, 16mm flat
- Thread, Purely Silk, tangerine, size F
- Chain, anodized aluminum, gunmetal, 8x5mm curb
- Adhesive, GORILLA glue
- Tool, steel, rotary punch
- Rivet and snap setter, steel, 4-3/4 inches with textured grip and 4-3/4 x 1 x 1/4 inch anvil
- Craft knife set
- Ball peen hammer
Using scissors cut a 1-yard length of tangerine Purely Silk thread and thread it onto a needle.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers separate one 4-1/4 inch length section of gunmetal aluminum curb chain.
Using a craft knife create a 1-inch slit down the center of the 9-inch length of leather cord, beginning approximately 1-1/2 inches from one end. Repeat on other end.
Place the inner post side of the snap portion of the fastener onto the snap setter side on the anvil plate. Insert the tube of the stud through the hole on the back side of the leather. Place stud over the tube of the eyelet on the front side of leather. Hold setting tool straight and firmly strike with hammer until the tube and cap are secure.
Repeat this pattern down the entire length of the slit keeping your thread neat against the next stitch.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.