Earrings with Sterling Silver Chain Tassels and Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, sterling silver, 3mm seamless round (4 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal astral pink, 8x6mm rondelle (2 beads)
- Insert, Magic Finding Omega, sterling silver, 8x5mm overall with 3.75mm opening, 23 gauge (2 inserts)
- Crimp, Magic Finding, sterling silver, 3.5x3mm round tube, seven holes with 0.60mm inside diameters (2 crimps)
- Eyepin, sterling silver, 1-inch, 24 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Earwire, sterling silver, 18mm fishhook with 1.5mm ball with open loop, 18-20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, smoke, 0.15mm diameter, 6-pound test
- Chain, sterling silver, 0.4mm add-a-bead
- Pliers, Magic Finding, stainless steel and rubber, lavender, 5-1/2 inches
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut thirty 4-inch lengths of sterling silver add-a-bead chain.
Using flush-cutters cut one 4-inch length of smoke FireLine® thread.
String onto the FireLine the center link of a 4-inch length of chain. Repeat to attach the center link of fourteen additional 4-inch lengths of chain.
Pass both ends of the FireLine through separate holes in the 3.5x3mm Magic Finding™ crimp tube. Insert a Magic Finding omega insert into the top of the Magic Finding crimp bead. Using the Magic Finding crimping pliers, crimp the crimp tube into a round. Using flush-cutters, trim the excess FireLine from the short end.
String onto an eyepin, one sterling silver 3mm round bead, one Swarovski crystal astral pink 8mm rondelle crystal and one sterling silver 3mm round bead. Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and flush-cutters, finish the straight end of the wire with a simple loop creating a beading link.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers, open a loop on one end of the beading link. Pass it though the loop on an earwire. Close the loop. Repeat to attach the opposite loop on the beading link to the loop on the Magic Finding omega insert on the tassel.
Repeat Steps 2 - 6 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.