Bib-Style Necklace and Earring Set with Preciosa Czech Crystal Beads, Antique Gold-Plated Pewter Beads and Silver-Plated Brass Chain
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 2.5mm round (30 beads)
- Bead, antique gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 7x6mm star (3 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, emerald, 4mm bicone (158 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, crystal AB, 4mm round (364 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, aqua bohemi, 4mm round (8 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, hyacinth, 4mm round (9 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, light Siam, 4mm round (10 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, citrine, 4mm round (9 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, fuchsia, 4mm round (9 beads)
- Bead, Preciosa Czech crystal, Capri blue, 4mm round (10 beads)
- Jump ring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (29 jump rings)
- Head pin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (51 head pins)
- Eye pin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (528 eye pins)
- Ear wire, silver-plated brass, 18mm perfect balance angular fishhook with 3.5mm stardust ball and open loop, 22 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Clasp, bullet, silver-plated brass, 16x11mm puffed oval cross (1 clasp)
- Chain, silver-plated brass, 3.5mm long and short oval
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Cut a 16-inch length of long and short chain (beginning and ending with long links, 56 long links total).
Use a 4mm jump ring to connect the first link of the chain length to one half of a bullet clasp. Repeat to attach the second half of the clasp to the last link of the chain length.
String a crystal AB 4mm round onto a head pin then create a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of two crystal AB 4mm round drops and 23 emerald 4mm bicone drops.
String a crystal AB round onto an eye pin then create a simple loop. Repeat to create the following:
A total of 332 crystal AB links
123 emerald bicone links
Eight light Siam 4mm round links
Seven hyacinth 4mm round links
Seven citrine 4mm round links
Seven aqua bohemi 4mm round links
Eight Capri blue 4mm round links
Seven fuchsia 4mm round links
One 7x6mm star link
Connect one crystal AB drop and 24 crystal AB links into a beaded chain.
Use a jump ring to attach the loop of the last link to the 16th short link of the chain length.
Cut two 2-inch lengths of long and short chain (beginning and ending with long links, a total of seven long links).
String an emerald 4mm bicone onto a head pin then create a simple loop. Repeat to create the following:
A total of 12 emerald drops
Two aqua bohemi 4mm round drops
Two light Siam 4mm round drops
Two citrine 4mm round drops
Two fuchsia 4mm round drops
Two Capri blue 4mm round drops
Two hyacinth 4mm round drops
Two star drops
Attach a star drop to the last link of a chain length. Attach two drops created in Step 2 to each of the remaining long links of the chain length.
Pass the loop of an ear wire through the first link of the chain length, then close.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.