Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Sterling Silver Beads
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Bead, sterling silver, 3mm stardust round (40 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, amethyst, 6mm round (4 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, amethyst, 10mm heart (2 beads)
- Crimp, silver-plated brass, 2.5x2mm round (2 crimps)
- Crimp cover, sterling silver, 3mm (2 crimp covers)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, sterling silver, 5x5mm, inside diameter 1.143mm (2 wire protectors)
- Earwire, sterling silver, 17mm flat fishhook with ball and open loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, clear, 49 strand, 0.014-inch
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, crimping
Cut an 8-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire. String one Swarovski 10mm crystal heart bead onto the wire then center the heart on the wire.
Starting on one side, string on the following beads:
Two 3mm stardust beads
One Swarovski 6mm round crystal bead
Eight 3mm stardust beads
Repeat Step 2 to string beads on the other side of the wire.
Thread both ends of the Accu-Flex beading wire through a 2.5mm silver-plated crimp bead. Thread each end of the beading wire through an Accu-Guard wire protector, threading the wires singularly over the channel and in opposite directions, then pass both ends back through the crimp bead. Pass one end of wire through the last two stardust beads on the right and then pass the other end of wire through the last two stardust beads on the left.
Pull the wire tight so the crimp is in place and there is no slack between the beads. Crimp the crimp bead.
Place a silver-plated crimp cover over the crimp bead and gently close the cover securely.
Trim off excess wire on both ends.
Open the loop of an earwire and attach to the Accu-Guard. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 1 - 8 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.