Earrings with Swarovski Crystal and Acrylic and Antiqued Silver-Finished Brass and "Pewter" Focals
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 2mm round
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 4mm round (2 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, creamrose light, 11x8mm pear (2 pearls)
- Focal, acrylic and antiqued silver-finished brass and ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), clear, 34x12mm with 25mm round tube and removable ends, 2-inch eyepin (2 focals)
- Cord tip, gunmetal-plated brass, 10x5mm bend style with loop, 4mm inside diameter (2 cord tips)
- Headpin, gunmetal-plated brass, 2-inch, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Earwire, anodized niobium, natural, 13mm fishhook with open loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
String one Swarovski creamrose light 11x8mm pear pearl and one Swarovski crystal AB 4mm round bead onto one gunmetal-plated 2-inch headpin. Using round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers and flush-cutters, form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire.
Assemble one acrylic and antiqued silver-finished round tube focal as follows:
Pass eyepin through one end cap and the plastic tube
While holding the plastic tube in place, fill the plastic tube with Swarovski crystal AB 2mm round beads
Add the second end cap and the plastic stopper bead
Using round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers and flush-cutters, form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire.
Open the loop on one anodized niobium fishhook earwire and pass it through the simple loop on the round tube focal beading link. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the round tube focal beading link and pass it through the wrapped loop on the Swarovski creamrose light 11x8mm pear pearl beading drop. Close the loop.
Using flush-cutters, cut the loop from one gunmetal-plated cord tip.
Using flat-nose pliers, close the gunmetal-plated cord tip around the plastic stopper bead and simple loop on top of the round tube focal beading link.
Repeat Steps 1 - 7 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.