Lariat-Style Necklace and Earring Set with Riverstone Gemstone Beads
A Lariat Summer
Note: Necklace is one continuous strand which can be worn doubled as shown in picture.
-- Designer --
Jude, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jude Wroblewski, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, magnesite, blue, 3mm round (287 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, rose, 4mm round (31 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, pink, 4mm round (52 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, light purple, 4mm round (18 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, violet, 6mm round (31 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, light purple, 6mm round (10 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, light purple, 12mm round (3 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, 6x4mm rondelle (31 beads)
- Bead, riverstone, light purple, 6x4mm oval (45 beads)
- Crimp, gold-plated brass, 2mm round, 1.3mm inside diameter (4 crimps)
- Crimp cover, gold-plated brass, 3mm round (2 crimp covers)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Bead tip, gold-plated brass, 8x3.5mm bottom clamp-on (2 bead tips)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 17mm fishhook with 8.5x8mm shell and hidden open loop, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Lariat necklaces have become a favorite of celebrities, models and fashion bloggers, and their popularity is likely due to how versatile this style of necklace can be: worn alone or piled among some of your favorite baubles. These low-hanging lariat necklaces can make a multitude of statements without much effort. Lariat necklaces can be paired with a choker or worn backwards, adding an unexpected touch to low-back dresses. Wrap the lariat necklace around, kind of a like a scarf-jewelry hybrid or layer with other chains and pendant necklaces. Lariat necklaces pair well with flowy blouses, dresses and ...
Cut one 6-foot length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire.
String onto the 6-foot length of beading wire: one crimp, one light purple 12mm round, one light purple 6mm round and one blue 3mm round. Pass the beading wire back through the light purple 6mm round, the light purple 12mm round and the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the light purple 12mm round leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp then trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire. Finish with a crimp cover.
Pass the beading wire back through the light purple 4mm round and the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the light purple 4mm round leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp then trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire. Finish with a crimp cover.
Cut two 12-inch lengths of Accu-Flex professional-quality beading wire.
String a pattern of your choice onto one 12-inch length of beading wire using the following components:
23 blue 3mm rounds
Three light purple 4mm rounds
One violet 6mm round
Three pink 4mm rounds
One light purple 12mm round
Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire until the beads are snug. Crimp then trim the excess beading wire. Finish with a bottom clamp-on bead tip.
Repeat Step 2 then Step 3 to create a total of two earring hoops.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the loop of one bottom clamp-on bead tip and the loop of one fishhook earwire.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.