Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Dyna-Mites™ Glass Seed Beads and Antiqued Pewter Charms
Patriot Day Pride
-- Designer --
LauraLynn, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
- Crimp cover, silver-plated brass, 4mm stardust round (2 crimp covers)
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, opaque red, #11 round
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, opaque white, #11 round
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, opaque matte dark blue, #11 round
- Charm, antiqued pewter (tin-based alloy), red/white/blue, 16x9mm awareness ribbon (2 charms)
- Jump ring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Jump ring, silver-plated, 4.5x3mm oval, 20 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Cone, Hill Tribes, silver-plated copper, 16x8mm hammered with 7mm inside diameter (2 cones)
- Clasp, lobster claw, silver-plated brass, 16x9mm double-ended infinity with (2) 10mm closed jump rings (1 clasp)
- Ear wire, silver-plated stainless steel, 21mm fishhook with flower and open loop, 21 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, gel-spun polyethylene, crystal, 0.13mm diameter, 4-pound test
- Wire, Zebra Wire, silver-plated copper, round, 26 gauge
- Needle, Igolochkoy
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
This design shows off the beauty of Dyna-Mites seed beads. They offer a more natural, less tailored look than you would get with the more expensive Delica® beads and are stunning in twisted designs. Red, white and blue designs are a great addition to jewelry lines for USA pride and patriotic holidays including Patriot Day.
This necklace is strung using FireLine jewelry-making thread that's known for its strength, resistance to abrasion and long-lasting wear. The Dyna-Mites seed bead strands are gathered together into cones for a professional-looking finish. The double-ended infinity lobster claw clasp adds a beautiful touch.
The red, white and blue awareness ribbon charms make great dangle earrings that can be worn separately or with the coordinating necklace. Pair this jewelry set with jeans and your favorite tee for a stylish statement of USA pride.
Red, white and blue is always in style and this design is simple to create in honor of Patriot Day and anyday you want to show patriotic pride.
Cut two 6-inch lengths of 26-gauge Zebra Wire™ and twelve 6-foot lengths of thread.
Form a wrapped loop on one end of a length of wire. Repeat with the other length of wire.
Add a beading needle to one end of one length of thread, almost doubling the thread but leaving a tail so you are only working with one thread. Attach a Bead Stopper™ to the opposite end of the thread.
Pick up approximately two feet of red #11 rounds. Remove the beading needle from the thread then tie the thread to the wrapped loop of the length of wire. Trim excess thread.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to string a total of four lengths of red seed beads, four lengths of white seed beads and four lengths of blue seed beads, tying each length to the same wrapped loop.
String one cone onto the straight end of the wire then form a wrapped loop. Attach a crimp cover to the wrapped loop just above the cone.
Twist each of beaded lengths of thread together until the desired number of twists have been formed. Ensure the ends of each length match up. If needed, add or remove seed beads from each length of thread until the ends align.
Remove the Bead Stopper from one strand then tie the strand to the wrapped loop of the second length of wire. Repeat with the remining lengths of beaded thread.
Repeat Step 6 to secure.
Pass one oval jump ring through one 10mm closed jump ring (included with the clasp) and the wrapped loop on one end of the strand.
Attach a ribbon charm to the loop of an ear wire using a 4mm jump ring. Repeat to create a second earring.
Attach the clasp to the other end of the strand using another oval jump ring to complete the necklace.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.