Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Glass Rhinestone and Antiqued Brass-Finished ''Pewter'' Focal, Gemstone Beads and Glass Beads
-- Designer --
Esther, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, antiqued brass-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 4x3mm textured round tube (8 beads)
- Bead, tigerskin ''jasper'', 5-7mm faceted round (26 beads)
- Bead, carnelian, medium to dark, 8x7mm-13x8mm hand-cut puffed oval (8 beads)
- Bead, glass, golden yellow, 3-4mm faceted bicone (29 beads)
- Bead, glass, dark honey, 6-7mm faceted bicone (14 beads)
- Focal, glass rhinestone and antiqued brass-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), orange and golden yellow, 38x33mm owl (1 focal)
- Crimp, antiqued gold-plated brass, 2mm round, 1.5mm inside diameter (2 crimps)
- Crimp cover, antiqued gold-plated brass, 4mm corrugated round (2 crimp covers)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, antiqued gold-plated brass, 4x4mm tube, 0.5mm inside diameter (2 wire protectors)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 8mm twisted round, 16 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 6mm twisted round, 16 gauge (7 jumprings)
- Headpin, antiqued brass-finished steel, 3/4 inch, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Eyepin, antiqued gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Eyepin, antiqued gold-plated brass, 1 inch, 24 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Earwire, antiqued brass-finished steel, 19mm with 2mm ball and coil with open loop, 22 gauge (2 earwires)
- Clasp, lobster claw, antiqued gold-plated brass, 12x7mm (1 clasp)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Beading supply, Bead Stopper, stainless steel, 12mm
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
As a well-known creature of the night, owls are popular motifs in jewelry and accessories. Trendier than ever, owl jewelry brings ...
Cut one 21-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire.
String one golden yellow glass bicone onto one headpin then form a simple loop.
Pass one 6mm twisted jumpring through the simple loop on the bicone drop and one 8mm twisted jumpring. Continue to connect a total of five sets of jumprings to the previous jumpring creating an extender chain.
Attach one 8mm twisted jumpring to the loop on the 38x33mm owl focal and one 6mm twisted jumpring to the loop on the lobster claw clasp.
String onto the beading wire: one crimp, one Accu-Guard™ wire protector and the jumpring attached to the lobster claw clasp. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end.
Crimp then trim excess from the short end of the beading wire. Finish with a 4mm crimp cover.
String the following onto the beading wire, in the pattern of your choice:
14 golden yellow glass bicones
Four 4x3mm textured round tubes
12 tigerskin "jasper" rounds
Six dark honey glass bicones
Three carnelian puffed ovals
One golden yellow glass bicone
One tigerskin "jasper" round
One dark honey glass bicone
One tigerskin "jasper" round
Continue to string the jumpring on the owl focal then repeat Step 4 to string the second half of the necklace, creating mirror image of the first half of the necklace.
Repeat Step 3 to secure the strand.
Pass one 6mm twisted jumpring through the last 8mm twisted jumpring attached to the extender chain and the Accu-Guard on the end of the strand then close.
String one tigerskin "jasper" round onto one 3/4 inch headpin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a second tigerskin "jasper" round drop.
String one dark honey glass bicone onto one 1-inch headpin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a second dark honey bicone link and two carnelian puffed oval links.
Connect the following components:
Repeat to create a second earring.
One tigerskin "jasper" round drop
One carnelian puffed oval link
One dark honey bicone link
The loop on one fishhook earwire
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.